Complaint Review: Hh Gregg

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2008

• Reported By:newnan Georgia
Hh Gregg
231 Newnan Crossing Bypass Newnan, Georgia U.S.A.

Hh Gregg another rip off hh gregg newnan ga (and don,t forget norman's appliance) Newnan Georgia

I purchased a 42"plasma TV January 8, 2007 with a five year warranty from HH Gregg in Newnan, GA. It broke in October of the same year. I spent hours trying to contact their warranty dept's, both HH Gregg and Hitachi to no avail. I went to the store several times and finally had their manager help contact who would "repair " the TV ( Norman's ).

They finally came to the home several weeks later and advised us they had to replace the mother board so we waited another few weeks. They came out and replaced it and it did not fix the problem. They said they had to replace another part and that would again take several weeks ( remember somebody is at home waiting all day for the tech to show up ).

I even called Norman's electronics and asked them how long will it take to fix my TV if they have to replace a different part and order this part every month until they get it right? I advised them to order all the parts at the same time so we can have the TV fixed at some point in time. It is now early December; so I was fed up and I took the TV to the store and gave it to the manager for him to intercede and expedite the repairs. Although the manager was always nice and tried to be helpful, it has not succeeded in my TV being repaired. It has fallen into some dark hole at HH Gregg and has not resurfaced.

It is now middle of January, 2008, and I am entering my five year warranty that was purchased and I asked the manager to simply replace the TV. He said he could not because to honor the purchased warranty, the TV would have to had three attempts at repairs before the warranty would be honored. Funny, I didn't see or hear that modifier when the warranty was purchased, As I remember, I was told when the warranty was purchased, if there were any problems we will fix it or replace it! The whole thing is a joke and it is sad that consumers have to tolerate this kind of treatment, incompetence, and simply " I don't care" attitude from these companies.

Mark
newnan, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2008 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hh-Gregg/Newnan-Georgia/Hh-Gregg-another-rip-off-hh-gregg-newnan-ga-and-dont-forget-normans-appliance-Newnan-G-300024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hh Gregg