Complaint Review: Hhgregg

• Updated: Thu, June 30, 2011

• Reported By: China — Columbia South Carolina United States of America
Hhgregg
230 Forum Dr Columbia, South Carolina United States of America

Hhgregg Liars, cheaters and have no business selling anything to the public... Liars, cheaters and have no business selling anything to the public Columbia, South Carolina

I purchased a refrigerator from hhgregg in SC a little over three weeks ago. I did not get the extended warranty because of a product I brought from them in the past and got the warranty and when I took my item in for repair, I have yet to get it back and this has been over three years ago. Well, I took a chance on them again and now my refrigerator has stopped working. One of the selling points for me was that if my appliance broke, they would replace my food of up to 250/year. Well when I called the store, the manager Chris was very rude and said they do not replace food and he does not know who could have told me this. I advised it was my salesman. He stated he did not know why he told me this and this is probably why the guy no longer worked there. He basically told me I could call Corporate and see if they were willing to do something for me. He gave me the number and hung up. I made several unsuccessful attempts to Corporate and got no where.

Well, when I got off from work, I went to then store and spoke to Chris face to face..surprised him. Well his attitude and demeanor was completely different. He was now all apologetic and would do what he could to help me. He claimed he sent a request to the corporate office and that someone would contact me within 24 hours. I was like REALLY. He was like no, I promise. Well it has been over 24 hours and guess what, no call.

Well, the service man came to my home today to repair my refrigerator, courtesy of the manufacturer, and he stated that hhgregg is the worst company they have ever has to deal with. He advised that they get so many repair complaints from people who purchase items from hhgregg.

Buyers, beware..it is worth paying more. Go somewhere where they are not just nice to you to get the sale.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2011 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hhgregg/Columbia-South-Carolina-29223/Hhgregg-Liars-cheaters-and-have-no-business-selling-anything-to-the-public-Liars-chea-747676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hhgregg