Complaint Review: Hi Line Motors

Hi Line Motors
Dallas, TX Dallas, Texas United States of America

Hi Line Motors Was about to buy one of their "clean cars" Dallas, Texas

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Unbelievable

*Consumer Comment: Thank you.

*Consumer Comment: Good for you

I saw a 2002 BMW 530 that Hi Line advertised on ebay and contacted a Mr. MJ.  He swore up and down that the car was the cleanest 530 he had ever seen.  Asked him to check the seats for me and he said there were no issues.  2 days ago, I had a pal go there to do a visual and take it to a nearby garage for further inspection.  The drivers seat was twisted off the rail ( I have pics) and there were several oil leaks that the garage found.  My friend returned the car to them and they had nothing to say.  It has been 2-3 days since all this happened and not a peep from MJ, who was aggresively trying to sell the car.

Please watch out before buying from these guys.  Get the car inspected and they will persuade you to buy off of Ebay; politely decline.....

P.S.  I have pictures and the report from the garage with the VIN number, in case anyone wants to see it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 06:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hi-Line-Motors/Dallas-Texas-/Hi-Line-Motors-Was-about-to-buy-one-of-their-clean-cars-Dallas-Texas-1017842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hi Line Motors

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Unbelievable

AUTHOR: hilinemotros - (United States of America)

First of all this gentleman never took the car to get inspected because we called the Midas he said he was taking it to and they never received it and he failed to produce us the report from the garage, so yes I would like to see that report sir. Also, I never swore that this 11 year old vehicle was the cleanest Ive ever seen, it is one of the oldest in our inventory of about 60 vehicles. We've had Models with 10k miles that look brand new, this 530 is very clean but it is 11 years old with over 80k miles on it and I am the one who advised him to have it inspected before he bought it so there was no miscommunication. I never aggressively pursued this sale because the gentleman above was constantly begging me to reduce the price and I had to repeatedly ask him to stop asking the same thing over and over again. He wanted to click the buy it now button on ebay even though he wasnt paying my asking price. At that point I told him we were no longer interested in the sale unless he came to have the car inspected himself or by someone else because we wanted to make sure everything was agreed on because he kept going back and forth so many times. I also have detailed pics of the car and the seat is not "twisted off the rail" it does twist back slightly to one side when you recline it all the way down but that is a common problem that this customer was aware of prior to the inspection that I advised him to take before he bought it. I need to clarify this again, I told him to get the vehicle inspected before he bought it as I do every out-of-state customer. This is the kind of customer that gives honest dealers bad names because when we dont cave in to their demands they go all out to tarnish your name hatefully. We always encourage 3rd party inspections because it eliminates errors based on description. Below is the link to our advertisement on this BMW with the carfax and autocheck attached as we do with every car. Please  keep an open mind when reading this gentleman's complaint because I assure it is not accurate and done strictly out of malice. Again, we are the ones who advised him to have it inspected first and when we didnt want to discount the price any further this bad review was the outcome.  Hi Line Motors works very hard to keep a good name and it is a shame that someone like this can try to destroy it for selfish reasons. If you call us anytime to ask about a car we are very open. We have hundreds of customers who will testify to the fact that we stand by our product. Below is the link.

Thank you.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Ninety nine percent of the people who complain about car sales on this site did not have the common sense to have the car looked over until AFTER they bought it (as if that does any good).

Thank you for giving me hope that not every consumer has lost all common sense.

It has been 2-3 days since all this happened and not a peep from MJ "

You don't really expect to be hearing from them after you rejected their car, do you?   They'll just go find someone who won't do an inspection.   If this site is any indication, it shouldn't take them long.

Good for you

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I have read too many reports from people who started out just like you did but left out the most important part.

You had someone check the car out for you.  That was an excellent move and saved you lots of money and heartache.

Hopefully your report will help someone else.

Congratulations!