Complaint Review: Hi5.com

• Submitted: Wed, August 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 20, 2008

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Hi5.com
2nd Street San Francisco, California U.S.A.

Hi5.com grabs personal emails. forwards to them in my name; "unsubscribe" hard to find; online help: 2 busness day delay no voice contact San Francisco California

I was invited to join a social networking site at www.Hi5.com with a group on a subject that I am interested in. The screen showed me people I knew and said they were already members. when i continued I say my entire email list on their screen. I joined but apparenly that this list became theirs. The next thing I knew, my entire email list was contacted and asked to join in my name. i spent the morning recontadting everyone and warning them that I did meant to do this and that their email lsit may be taken in the same way.

I see this act as unauthorized access and an invasion of my privacy (at least - as I am not sure what else iin my computer has been accessed, taken or damaged.)

This company needs to reexamine its policies and practices. It is either deliberatly stealing data or is not effectively communicating its directiosn to users. I would never willingly turn over my personal email list to a website. I have apologized to my contacts and warned them about www.Hi5.com. I hoep they will be investigated for these abusive and potentialy fraudulent business practices.

Scam-detector
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2008 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hi5com/San-Francisco-California/Hi5com-grabs-personal-emails-forwards-to-them-in-my-name-unsubscribe-hard-to-find-on-364975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hi5.com