Complaint Review: HiFiSoundconnection

• Reported By: Seaside — Gaithersburg Maryland United States of America
HiFiSoundconnection
Nixa, Missouri United States of America

HiFiSoundconnection Audio equipment and car stero Nixa, Missouri

In April 2012 I purchased a a car stero from Hifisoundconnection however when the unit arrived it was damaged. Two of the brackets that were attached to the unit were broken. I didn't want to install then have the unit wobble in place so I asked to have in replaced. I followed their instructions regarding returns, I sent pictures of the damagaed unit, sent the unit back at my expense and explained I wanted an exchange for other another like the orginal one I purchased use not damaged.

After a they received the damaged unit I didn't hear anything so I followed up with an email and was told one was being shipped out shortly. I waited several weeks however NO STERO! I called on June 18th 10 minutes before the closed, was placed on hold only to have someone answer place back on hold then disconnect. When I called right back of course they were closed for the day! I noticed on their website they were out of stock of the unit ordered so I sent another email to their sales dept aksing for a refund because it's now June, I ordered the unit in April, the unit is out of stock - they've given me no idea when they'll have any more, plus the orginal was damaged and all I wanted was an exchange in the first place. I receive an reply back stating they refuse to refund my monies without 20% fee, they refuse to refund my shipping, I should consider a store credit or an alternative product. They have nothing on the site I want except the car stero and if I select an alternate which would probably be cheaper then the orginal I'd have to fight to get the rest of my refunded.

The bottome line is they have poor customer service, they basically say once we get your money your not getting it back or we're going to keep a portion of it even when it's our fault. I didn't ask for a refund but an exchange for a broken product however once they took so long (2 months) then they no longer had the item and didn't know when they were going to get another that's when I ask stated I wanted a full refund. If I were a fickle customer, canceled the order or changed my mind I could understand. However after receiving a DAMAGED UNIT in the first place all I wanted was an exchange and THEY DON'T HAVE IT! That isn't my fault but I'm being made to feel like it is.

Bottom line do not do business with they company as there is a high probability you'll get burned so how.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2012 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HiFiSoundconnection/Nixa-Missouri-/HiFiSoundconnection-Audio-equipment-and-car-stero-Nixa-Missouri-899778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HiFiSoundconnection