Complaint Review: Hide My Ass VPN

• Reported By: Joanne Whalen — Dunsmuir California
Hide My Ass VPN
Internet USA

Hide My Ass VPN Avoid Hide My Ass VPN - IT'S A SCAM! Internet

HMA Pro VPN is a total scam. I paid for an annual subscription and noted that I did not want an automatic renewal. The service ended up being completely unusable - every time I turned on HMA, it slowed my internet so much I couldn't upload a single page. I didn't ask for a refund of my original money, because the service worked for the first few weeks, then after it failed, I forgot about it.

A year later, I was charged $80 for automatic renewal, which I specifically chose not to have. When I contacted the company for a refund, a few days after seeing the charge, and after not having used the service for nearly a year, the customer service rep wrote to me (btw, hallmark of a scam company - no live customer service via phone, and their live chat is no longer available), saying that I should have known I'd chosen the auto renewal and no, they wouldn't refund my money.

So, in addition to providing a service that cripples my online access and makes it completely unworkable, they just stole another $80 from me. They're a complete joke. Save your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2014 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hide-My-Ass-VPN-/internet/Hide-My-Ass-VPN-Avoid-Hide-My-Ass-VPN-ITS-A-SCAM-Internet-1133253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hide My Ass VPN