Complaint Review: Hideaway Campgrounds

• Reported By: Lavender — Lansing Michigan United States of America
Hideaway Campgrounds
9671 Silver Lake Road Mears, Michigan United States of America

Hideaway Campgrounds TERRIBLE!! Mears Michigan

I called and reserved 3 campsites a month before our expected stay. I was very specific about needing all the campsites right together and was assured that we would have just that. Upon arrival, we were informed that 2 campsites were right next to eachother and the 3rd was across the road. I tried to explain to the clerk that I was assured that all three campsites were right together, not seperated like that, she said that the site were together! Umm, no! Just because the lot numbers ran in order did not put them together! After several minutes of trying to resolve the issue and getting no where...I decided just to let my family decide where to set up. We had a large motorhome with a car trailer pulling a dune jeep (which we were very specific when we made our reservations that we had all of this equipment and needed to make sure we had enough room for everything, again was assured that we would be provided with larger lots to accomodate our needs), a pop-up camper, a tent, a full sized truck and a three wheeler. Once we got to the campsites, we quickly realized that the sites we were giving would not fit all of the equipment that we had, as I started to the office, I was approached by a man whom I assume is the owner of the park. I explained to him out issues, his response: "Be happy with what you got, all the sites have been reserved since May." And he drove away. When the people arrived in the ajoining campsite (which originally had my name on it and had been erased and moved across the street), we asked them when they reserved their site, I was very upset to learn that they had reserved their site 5 days after I reserved all of our sites!!! During our stay, my daughter and her husband had their camp fire DROWNED by campground staff, without giving them a chance to put it out so they could re-use the wood. My daughter tried to explain that all of our cell phones showed we still had 30 minutes left before the campfires had to be out. She was told that cell phones often changed to Wisonsin time and that it was our problem for not paying attention! Every single time anyone in our party had to go to the office/store for anything, we were met with rude employees/owners. None of the reservation cards were accurate, reservation names were erased and people were moved to accomodate as the staff's needs!!! This place does not put their campers first, they have TERRIBLE customer service! I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2012 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hideaway-Campgrounds/Mears-Michigan-49436/Hideaway-Campgrounds-TERRIBLE-Mears-Michigan-908406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hideaway Campgrounds