Complaint Review: Hidemyass

• Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: Prariedogn — Kingman Arizona
Hidemyass
7 Moor Street, London, W1D 5NB, UK Internet United States of America

Hidemyass Attempts to delay, refuse refund, Product does not work as advertised London, Internet

I paid for a one year subscription on 3-14-2013. After trying to get the service to work correctly for a couple of days, I became frustrated and emailed hidemyass on 3-17-2013 in an attempt to receive a refund.
They advertise a "30 day money back guarantee". In the reply to my first email, I was told that I should try their FAQs which I had already done. I again requested a refund.

This time, I received a reply from someone else, who proceeded to inform me that I had used 178 sessions in just 2 days!! I don't know how this can even be achieved.

I emailed them again and requested a refund.

This time, I was also told that I had used the service beyond the limits for a refund, and was informed that I would be charged for 1 month of service at the standard monthly rate.($11.52 per month). When I subscribed, I paid for a year at the rate of $6.55 per month.

It is now 3-22-2013, I have had 4 different people contact me about this. I still have not received my refund. Each time I email one of their employees, I am contacted about the situation by someone else who attempts to derail or delay the process. I was also badgered by their employees to provide an exact reason of why I did not care for their service.

In summation, This company is not ethical, does not abide by their own refund policy, and mistreats its customers. It's claim of providing anonymity online are suspect also. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hidemyass/internet/Hidemyass-Attempts-to-delay-refuse-refund-Product-does-not-work-as-advertised-London-I-1037042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hidemyass