Complaint Review: Hidemyass

Hidemyass
http://hidemyass.com Internet United States of America

Hidemyass HMA 30 day money back fraudulent Internet

*Consumer Comment: No Doubt about it. HMA is a ripoff company

*Consumer Comment: BUYER BEWARE - RUSSIAN COMPANY DISGUISING THEMSELVES AS A U.K. COMPANY - COMPLETE AND UTTERLY "RIPOFF"

*General Comment: AVOID HIDE MY A**!!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry about the delay in responding.

*Consumer Comment: Delaying tactics and still no refund...

*Consumer Comment: Author Needs To Stop Complaining

*Author of original report: Blatent con

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Hidemya**!

Buy a 1 year contract with a 30 day money back guarantee. I persisted trying to get their VPN to work properly without success - constant delays and drop outs. Followed their tuning instructions and the computer crashed with a "blue screen". Exactly 14 days after purchase asked for my money back and they claimed that they had to charge me a month of $11.52 due to my "heavy usage" of 12G which exceeded their 10G limit - but they claim unlimited data transfer!

From their webpage:

"Unlimited data Transfer" "30 day Money Back Guarantee"

• 30 day money back guarantee

• This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hidemyass/internet/Hidemyass-HMA-30-day-money-back-fraudulent-Internet-915258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hidemyass

No Doubt about it. HMA is a ripoff company

AUTHOR: homebob - ()

Hide My a*s is definately a "RIP OFF INTERNET SCAM COMPANY".  Earlier today, I signed up for the 1 year contract that specifically stated 30 day trial period.  "We will refund your money if you cancel the service within 30 days.

After downloading the software I had some problems installing it.  They advertiesed 24/7 "free chat shpport".  When I tried to find a chat link in the software there is not one.  Only and email form for support.  I sent the several messages requesting a link to their "free chat support".  No responce.

This evening I get a call from my Chase Credit Card compnay and they wanted to know if I wanted to "decline" payment to this company.  They told me that the company located in England but is actually a Russian company and that they are on their "fraud internet" list.

I confirmed that I wanted them to decline the charge.

So there you have it!!

Do you reasearch before you buy.  These guys are bad news.

AUTHOR: RippedOffConsumer - ()

I paid for a 12-Month Subscription and they stole 7-Months of Service from me and refused to do a refund, their response is below:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting HMA support team. Unfortunately, your account has been permanently suspended.

-----------
    Best regards,
    Dragan

My first thoughts was to do a "ChargeBack", however I value my PayPal Account more than that, so I let them escape with 7-Months of payment that I will never see again.

This company is Un-scrupulous and will take your money without a second doubt, there is a reason for that, they are a  :
    "RUSSIAN COMPANY DISGUISING THEMSELVES AS A U.K. COMPANY - COMPLETE AND UTTERLY "RIPOFF"

If you go to their FaceBook account you will see all the Russian last names and Russian Followers:

Just take a look at these "Russian A**Holes", this is who you are giving your Money to:

As all Americans know we were all raised from the crib as Americans to not have a second thought about dropping "Nuclear Bombs" on Russia at any given minute, but we did not have to do it with "Nuclear Bombs", instead we destroyed Russia financially and from the results that we are getting now trying to Rip us off via Internet Scams like HideMyAss.com it would appear that they are out for Revenge.

PERSONALLY SPEAKING I SAY WE SHOULD HAVE DROPPED NUCLEAR BOMBS ON RUSSIA AND BEEN DONE WITH THEM, THIS WOULD HAVE SAVED ALL OF US THE HASSLE OF BEING RIPPED OFF BY UN-SAVORY RUSSIAN COMPANIES LIKE "HIDEMYASS.COM"

THEY ARE ALSO WORKING WITH THE POLICE AND WILL REVEAL ALL YOUR LOGS TO THE POLICE WHICH MAKES THEIR NAME "HIDEMYASS.COM" A COMPLETE OXYMORON, THE LAST THING THEY ARE GOING TO DO IS "HIDE YOUR A**", SEE THE LINK BELOW, THEY ARE ASSISTING THE POLICE WITH MAKING ARRESTS AND BUILDING CASES AGAINST INTERNET MARKETERS:

DO NOT TRUST THESE GUYS, THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY AND ALSO TURN YOU OVER TO THE POLICE, THERE ARE WAY TO MANY OTHER VPN SERVICES AVAILABLE THESE DAYS TO ALLOW THEM TO RIP YOU OFF AND BETRAY YOU, BUT IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RUSSIA THEN YOU WILL ALSO KNOW THAT BETRAYAL IS IN THEIR GENETIC BLOODLINE, YOU CAN EASILY FIND HUNDREDS OF HONEST VPN COMPANIES THAT WILL NOT RIP YOU OFF AND ALSO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY AT THE LINK BELOW:

(((link redacted)))

DO NOT TRUST  HIDEMYASS.COM  , TRUST ME, YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET IT, EITHER FROM JAIL, OR FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT, EITHER OF THE TWO.

SINCERELY,
    RippedOffConsumer

#3 General Comment

AVOID HIDE MY A**!!!!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

Their 30 day money back guarantee is not what it seems. I subscribe to their service on January 27th and requested to cancel their service on February 10th. Based on their policy I would only get back a partial refund due to exceeding 10GB in bandwidth which is 10.62GB of total usage. So basically 0.62GB of over usage. I never used their service for any uploads or downloads, in fact I hardly used their service during those 15 days plus I never would reach 10GB of usage in one month with my local internet service provider. So as you can see they can tell untruthful information about my usage as there is no way to check on my end using their VPN software regarding my usage. Based on their policy they will charge me one month of service, which is $11.52. Keep in mind I subscribed to a 12 month package which is a monthly fee of $6.55. I would keep sending them email stating if they are going to charge me for one month then I should be deducted $6.55 and not $11.52 from my 12 month subscription price of $78.66. They would take days to email me back. In fact they will never email me back until I keep creating a new ticket number whenever I would send an email through their login page. They would then reply back with the same information stating that I am only entitled to a partial refund of $67.14. I would reply back again and still no reply back. I am still waiting to get my refund back as it have been one week now.

Avoid Hide My A** as they use delay tactics in refunding your money.

Sorry about the delay in responding.

AUTHOR: Hidemyass - (United Kingdom)

Hello

I am sorry you have not heard back from us as quickly as you should have done.  Please could you post your ticket ID so we can investigate further and respond more fully.

HMA

Delaying tactics and still no refund...

AUTHOR: Pritchard - (United Kingdom)

OK, so I tried HideMyAss - I took out a 1yr subscription - and in just 30minutes of putting up with an extremely slow connection I logged out and emailed them to ask for a refund.

Their first reponse was that I needed to state why I was cancelling. This I did within 10minutes of receiving their email.

No response for 5 days.

Eventually, after I sent another email chasing them, I had an email back saying could I try a few things to try and speed up my connection. Seeing as it took them so long to get back to me I'd already signed up with IPVanish (much better service btw) I, again, emailed them straight back to say that it was too late and that I wanted my refund under their 30 day money back guarantee.

That was a week ago and I still have not either received a refund nor an email telling me what they plan to do.

If they try that whole 'you've used over 10gb' then I know that they will be lying because all I did in my 30mins of trying HideMyAss was to log onto my internet banking.

I've come across an unscrupulous company before and luckily I paid via Paypal and I will be opening a Paypal dispute to get my money back.

They are a dishonest company with poor customer service - please do yourself a favour and avoid HideMyAss.

Author Needs To Stop Complaining

AUTHOR: Carl - (United Kingdom)

Complaining over $11.52. You can't even get a decent meal for that and HideMyAss is going on of their way to respond.

In any event, I've used HMA before and they are an excellent company.

No I don't work for them. I have complaints on other companies on this website.

Blatent con

AUTHOR: Patrick Duffy - (United States of America)

The front page definitely states unlimited bandwidth and no transfer limitations. And then you are asked to sign up. Hiding other conditions to catch out buyers is certainly not allowed in many countries such as anywhere in Europe. This would be illegal there but it is a loophole in US laws exploited by organizations that rely on poor service.

Response from Hidemya**!

AUTHOR: Hidemyass - (United Kingdom)

We're very sorry that this customer thinks he has been hard done by, but this Rip-Off report is completely unjustified and mischaracterises our advertising, policies and may contain false information. We believe this customer was treated fairly and in accordance with our clear policies which were accepted by the customer when he made his order.

1. Advertising: The statements "unlimited bandwidth" and "30 day money back guarantee" are separate, unconnected statements.  Any paying user does indeed have "unlimited bandwidth" - this applies to the service itself, but not the 30 day money back guarantee, and nowhere do we claim that it does.

2. Policies: Our refund policy is clearly stated on our website here: http://www.hidemyass.com/legal/refunds/.  The policy is referred to in our VPN terms of service which must be accepted by any customer and it states:

"All new orders are covered by our money back guarantee. You are entitled to a full refund on a new order if all of the following apply:

• you claim your refund within 30 days of your order date;your account has not already been suspended by us for your breach of our terms of service;

• you send an email to info@hidemyass.com stating your VPN user name and the reason for your cancelling the service;

• you have used less than 10GB of bandwidth (data transfer - total of upload and download activity through the VPN); and

• you have not previously claimed a refund from us under this policy.
    If you have exceeded the 10GB bandwidth limit but your original order is for more than one month, we may charge you the full rate for one month's usage and refund the balance to you." (emphasis added)

We believe this is a fair policy as 10GB is a generous amount of bandwidth and is more than ample for someone to trial our service.  If we did not have a limit, we would have "customers" using a huge amount of bandwidth (at a cost to us) and then cancelling on the 30th day of their subscription. We also believe our terms of service are incorporated into the purchasing process in accordance with best practice on the web.

3. False Information: In our experience, a customer who uses 12GB of bandwidth in 14 days is a fairly heavy user of our VPN and it does not sound like someone who could not make the service "Work properly". We have tens of thousands of happy customers and publish reviews (good and bad) received on our website for all to see.  We do have a few customers who are unhappy with our policies and unfortunately some feel they can blackmail us by threatening to leave nasty reviews. Bottom line: we're here to help you hide your a*s, but we have nothing to hide when it comes to dealing fairly with our users.

It is also worth noting that we are a UK based company and the advertising on our website is subject to the Advertising Standards Authority ("ASA").  We would be happy to deal with this complaint via the ASA (see: How to make a complaint) if the original complainant or RipOff Report would care to make a complaint.

For further clarification, please contact us at info@hidemyass.com.

Thank you for reading our rebuttal.