Complaint Review: High sierra management/Sherri Carey

• Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: squirralman — Houston Texas United States of America
High sierra management/Sherri Carey
722 Pin Oak Rd. Katy Texas Internet United States of America

High sierra management/Sherri Carey partnered with Colorado Management Associates Inc. 5 offices in Colorado reported on ripoff. Now in Houston. scam, deceptive trade practice, strongarming, liar, hiding behind state law,and crooked attorneys Houston, Centennial, Denver, Littleton, Aurora, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: MOVE

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Live some place else

*UPDATE Employee: Don't believe everything you read!

The town home community Westwood Village has 302 units that pay $230.00 monthly into an out of state account. The amenities we pay for do not exist, and the landscaping if old muddy covered sidewalks and prehistoric vegetation. They are supposed to maintain the roof's and housing exterior. A look shows this is not  being done.

Roof underlayments are rotted, there is only spot repair. Following hurricane IKE in 2008 the HOA management company said notify your insurance companies. State Farm said your homeowner association is responsible for the roof(per bylaws/covenants that is correct) so claims were denied. Mine was fixed out of pocket.

Recently my management company said if I want repairs it will cost me an additional $1800.00 that I must pay their contractor of choice(I declined because their work is inferior, and besides I have paid the association since 1994 every month. This pissed me off!

Today I contracted with a company to replace my entire roof because it needs it. The High Sierra (Colorado management affiliate wants me to sign a document making me responsible for the two roof's adjacent to my home(corruption,strong arming,and totally in disregard for the law) but as we all know there are no laws to control them. I did not sign the document.

I am hoping in some way this will help put them out of business forever! These not for profit corporations are started by the developers, and only benefit them for tax purposes. Poor people are stuck with the greedy crooks who step in and take over, and senior citizens go hungry with no food on the table,and still have to pay the board every month. Whom don't know what they are doing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/High-sierra-managementSherri-Carey/internet/High-sierra-managementSherri-Carey-partnered-with-Colorado-Management-Associates-Inc-5-o-1012987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on High sierra management/Sherri Carey

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

MOVE

AUTHOR: seahorse - ()

this guy.....we see him in the evening...lost and just telling lies about things that happen here.  Things he tries to talk about just make him the stupid man we all know him to be.  He is a very sad old man with nothing to do but lie.  Feel sorry for the people that have to live next to him.  People like him need to be living waaaaayyyyy out in the country.  Not in a comunity like ours.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Live some place else

AUTHOR: seahorse - ()

Most the good people that live at Westwood Village Townhomes knows who our "Village Idoit" is.  He does nothing but go around spitting out hate and lies about anyone and anything.  He's very old and needs to live in senior living now.  3 meals a day should take care of his needs....

The townhomes are very well maintained and we all love living here.    We have a beautiful park.  Tennis courts.  Large pool. Walking paths.  The park was built by home owners that live at Westwood Village and voleenters who plant every year.  The fees we pay monthly take care of the water bill, all lawn care, tree trimming, pool, all wood fenceing, tennis crt,and concrete work, all roofing maintanice.(storm damage falls under your own insc) we have on site maintence, all painting of each townhome, Hardie Plank Siding rehab was complete several years ago...Very well taken care of.

Maint.fees in large subdivisions don't take care of your property like High Sierra Mang takes care of our property.

I find them to answer any questions I have and they have an open door policy  to any owner that needs anything.

Thank You!!

Don't believe everything you read!

AUTHOR: Find the facts! - ()

Unfortunately this person has not provided the facts and has posted unfounded information that has been refuted numerous times. If you want to know the actual truth and be provided with details about this community and all the good they really do for their owners, contact High Sierra Mgmt.  Don't believe everything you read from a person who instead of volunteering or asking questions about his concerns, chooses to be the problem instead of the resolution.  Just ask his neighbors!