Complaint Review: HighLights Top Secret Adventure

• Submitted: Mon, January 23, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 30, 2012

• Reported By: Markmil1 — matthews North Carolina U.S.A.
HighLights Top Secret Adventure
lehigh valley, Pennsylvania United States of America

HighLights Top Secret Adventure Continue sending material and bills after numerous attempts to cancel lehigh valley, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Possibilities Are Endless

*UPDATE Employee: Top Secret Adventures

I have called and cancelled 3 times.  Keep sending me new bills.  I keep returning to sender material.  Keeps sending me bills.  Obviously a scam.  I'm just waiting for the collection calls!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2012 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HighLights-Top-Secret-Adventure/lehigh-valley-Pennsylvania-18002/HighLights-Top-Secret-Adventure-Continue-sending-material-and-bills-after-numerous-attemp-827267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HighLights Top Secret Adventure

Possibilities Are Endless

AUTHOR: Erin - (USA)

I have had a similar experience with Highlights and no they do not process cancellations immediately. They press a button and then the upper management or billing dept or marketing manager doesn't change the lead list or update billing dept on purpose so the mass mailings continue (at their expense). Unsolicited mail from an illegally obtained lead company is not "trying to do the right thing for our customers." I don't know you, you don't know me, I am not a customer and never will be.

BBB doesn't mean anything you pay for an A rating like everybody else, the BBB has no credibility other than to see how many companies have issues with staff or practice in dishonest, unethical ways.

Top Secret Adventures

AUTHOR: Highlights - (United States of America)

This is Hillary at Highlights. Thank you for posting about your experience so we can address it. We do process cancellations immediately, however, it is not always possible for us to stop a bill or a product shipment already moving in our delivery process (it may, for instance, already be in the mail cycle).

We do not want customers to pay for products they did not intend to order. If you were billed for products mailed after you canceled your account, please do get in touch with our club customer service team again at 800-962-3661. We will correct any errors and make the situation right.

I'm sorry you are frustrated, and I hope you give us the opportunity to make a better impression. One of the things I am most proud of about working for Highlights is that we are a company with a long history of trying to do the right thing for our customers. We are members of multiple trade associations, the Council of Better Business Bureaus, and the Central Ohio Better Business Bureau. Highlights continues to work very hard to ensure that our record with the Better Business Bureau remains untarnished--since the 1940s, Highlights has maintained a record of no unresolved complaints.