• Report: #320142

• Submitted: Sat, March 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 22, 2008

• Reported By:Kennoway, Leven Other
Highbeam.com+research
65 E. Wacker Place. Suite 400. Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Highbeam.com+research Complaint against Highbeam for being duped into subscribing for a service I need nor want Chicago Illinois

During February I was using the internet to read newspaper reports from an event which happened in May 1968 in North East Scotland. The reports were from the Scottish Daily Record. I was interrupted in my search by Highbeam, informing me that in order to proceed further I would need to register with them and give certain information. Innocently I did

To-day, the 22nd of March 2008, I received my credit card statement and was shocked to discover that Highbeam has debited my Visa card for the sum of 102.04 (approx.$200.00). This is a scam! Whatever way they dress it up or maintain their legality or credibility, it is fraud. How many others like myself has been "conned". I have been given nothing for 102.04 and how are they getting away it? What are the authorities doing about this company? It is clear that their practices has been noticed.

David
Kennoway, Leven
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2008 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Highbeamcomresearch/Chicago-Illinois-60601/Highbeamcomresearch-Complaint-against-Highbeam-for-being-duped-into-subscribing-for-a-se-320142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Highbeam.com+research