Complaint Review: Higher One dba/ Prince Georges Community College

• Updated: Tue, July 24, 2012

• Reported By: Consumer Advocate — Bowie Maryland USA
Higher One dba/ Prince Georges Community College
301 Largo Road. Largo, Maryland United States of America

Higher One - Prince Georges Community College Wrongfully overcharged account with return check fees. Largo, Maryland

In the 2010-2011 academic year the entire student body at the Prince Georges Community College were made to accept a forced choice propagated by the Administration and its' cohort Higher One. There was transparency in this process, if you were expecting a refund from the School you had only one choice and that was to opt in. They expressed that there were 1 of 3 methods of receiving your refund-but we had no other choice but to deal with this new subsidiary source. I thought it was terribly off-centered.

But, what could I do other than withdraw completely from the school. I stayed the course, accepted my card arranged to have my refunds deposited into my bank account. Well, several weeks later my purse was lost or stolen, along with my identity. Someone wrote checks off of this account-at least that's what I was told. In the process they supposedly created an overdraft against my account in returned check fees that total nearly $1250.00.

I filed a dispute to these charges, as they are not mine. Submitted a claim, and informed Higher One of my Police Report, and stated that I wanted them removed. They denied my claim stating that I did not send back proof in time-a flat out lie! I roll over here about a month or so afterwards and try to reach out again to resolve this issue. I see instead of my account being -1250 it is now -902.

How is this so? I want some answers, I want these charges removed. I was thinking about returning to the same school this semester, and would most likely have a refund coming to me. I thought I should call to make a determination-and yea I was told if any monies from the FED'S or anywhere else comes into my account they are going apply them to satisfy this debt-which is not mine.

Can this be? These funds are intended solely for my educational expenses. I am going long on this on, I will file claims with the Dept of Ed. and the FTC, and if need be I will go to Court with these people!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2012 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Higher-One-dba-Prince-Georges-Community-College/Largo-Maryland-20774/Higher-One-Prince-Georges-Community-College-Wrongfully-overcharged-account-with-return-916873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Higher One dba/ Prince Georges Community College