Complaint Review: Higher One

Higher One

Higher One High Fees and Threaten to put my account on hold Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: File a complaint with the FDIC

*UPDATE Employee: No claims to hold Financial Aid, only attempts to help

A lady called me from higher one told me if i dont stop posting news of higher one on facebook or twitter they wont release my financial aide. I feel really threaten off that. There fees are also really to high, there customer service is trash and really rude. I got hung up 6 times in one day.

I feel other students that is going through this should hear what's going on higher one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Higher-One/internet/Higher-One-High-Fees-and-Threaten-to-put-my-account-on-hold-Internet-Internet-1003846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Higher One

File a complaint with the FDIC

AUTHOR: Afrodita20 - (United States of America)

I urge you to file a formal complaint with the FDIC regarding this issue. All of their calls are recorded. They can pull this call and listen to it, if indeed they did say that. If not, you have no claim.

No claims to hold Financial Aid, only attempts to help

AUTHOR: Aaron, Higher One - (USA)

Hello Steve -

You are correct, our Customer Care Manager, Michele did attempt to contact you in an effort to help understand your issues and concerns. However, there was absolutely no claim that your financial aid disbursement would be held should you continue posting on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media sites. While we understand you are frustrated, we are merely trying to help in anyway possible. You, and any other person are free to post your opinions about Higher One on any social media sites. However, no claim was ever made that your financial aid disbursement would be held if you continued to post about Higher One on those sites, and your report here about such a claim is 100% false.

Again, we are merely trying to understand your concerns and help with any issues you have. If you have not already, we suggest changing your Financial Aid Refund Disbursement Preference to "ACH Transfer to an Outside Bank." Even though all of the fees associated with Higher One's checking account are avoidable, we understand the account is not for everyone. Changing your preference can be done at anytime, and is completely free.

We hope this information is helpful, and we hope that we're able to assist you in anyway possible.

Thank you.