Complaint Review: HigherOne

• Updated: Fri, November 09, 2012

• Reported By: CHUCK — Broken Arrow Oklahoma United States of America
HigherOne

HigherOne HigherOne Fees Internet

I was forced to take this account by a college in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Even if you have a financial aide refund deposited into your own checking account you must go through this bank to do so. You are forced to deal with them. The easiest way I thought to handle the situation was to open the account they suggest, then just write a check and deposit it into my existing account locally. My college makes multiple disbursement for financial aide for student loans and late starting classes. When I received a refund I wrote a check and deposited it as usual. I do not understand why these people decided to do it, but they charged me a non sufficient funds charge and returned the check. This was the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me. I had to go to the bank I use everyday and explain why this happened to them. Even after contacting this company I have not received an legitimate answer. I was just randomly charged this fee. The account had a balance of 734.00 and the check was for 725.00 I think this should be illegal. I will be forced to do business with them as long as the college does, but I will definitely be contacting whoever I can about them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 04:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HigherOne/internet/HigherOne-HigherOne-Fees-Internet-966755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HigherOne