Complaint Review: Highland Diagnostics

• Updated: Mon, January 13, 2014

• Reported By: Becky — Porter Indiana
Highland Diagnostics
8149 S Kennedy Ave, Suite A Highland, Indiana USA

Highland Diagnostics Highland Open MRIFS Diagnostics BILLING SCAM - BEWARE! Highland Indiana

*Author of original report: Situation Resolved!!

*Author of original report: UPDATE

*Author of original report: Mr Satti is investigating my billing problem

This place is a rip-off. I made my appointment, gave my insurance info, they called my insurance company then called me back and said I was authorized and they are in my insurance company's network. GREAT! Had a good experience getting my MRI. I get the bill & EOB from my insurance company. It was billed as out of network! I have been trying to correct this issue for over 5 months now and it is as simple as this place re-submitting the bill with the corrected facility name/tax ID # that matches the contract they have with my insurance company! They are listed as Highland Open MRI/Highland Diagnostics, however, when they bill the insurance company they are listed as FS Diagnostics and use some tax ID # of some radiologist named Amjad Safvi. BEWARE TO OTHERS!!! I am still trying to get this sorted out. Mr. Fraz Satti has been made aware of what he needs to do several times by myself & my health insurance representative and has yet to re-submit the bill. I looked his facility up on my health insurance website (CIGNA) and found his facility as in-network to have my MRI done. His representative, Rosela, took my insurance info when I called to make the appointment and said she would call them to get the procedure authorized. She called me back and said I was authorized and they are in my insurance compay's network. They submit their bill to my insurance company for $2600 but do not use the facility name on the bill that they have contracted with my insurance company to provide in-network benefits. Instead, they use some other tax ID# for some radiologist named Amjad Safvi, who is, of course, listed as out of network with my insurance company. They play stupid every time I call them and assure me they are going to re-submit with the correction. I am going to file with small claims court soon if this is not resolved because I mistakenly sent payment of over $1300 before I realized the billing mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2013 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Highland-Diagnostics/Highland-Indiana-46322/Highland-Diagnostics-Highland-Open-MRIFS-Diagnostics-BILLING-SCAM-BEWARE-Highland-Indi-1104233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Highland Diagnostics

Situation Resolved!!

AUTHOR: BW84 - ()

Today, Mr. Satti fulfilled his promise to get my problem resolved. I am completely happy with the outcome. He acknowledged his billing company was at fault and will be cutting ties with them in the near future as it was reflecting poorly on his business. He does genuinely want people to have a great experience when they come to his facility.

As I stated before, when I had my MRI procedure done I had a nice experience. I had never had one done and was nervous but they have the open MRI which doesn't make you feel like you are in a coffin. Everything was very professional, they have very flexible hours and a clean environment so I really would recommend having your imaging work done here. The only thing I was dissatisfied with was his billing company and how they completely screwed up the claim submission and the length of time it was taking to get any answers.

Please consider my situation resolved and I would go back here if I ever needed any imaging work done, I would just be very mindful of looking at my EOB more carefully before I submit my payment!

UPDATE

AUTHOR: BW84 - ()

I have recently spoken to Mr. Satti who has assured me he is trying to resolve my billing issue with his billing company. He says it takes time to get this straightened out but assures me he will get it resolved. I will update this report when this is resolved.

Mr Satti is investigating my billing problem

AUTHOR: BW84 - ()

Mr Satti contacted me today & assured me he is working with his billing company to correct their billing error. He acknowledged there is a discrepancy my insurance company says they paid out to his facility over $800 and his billing company claims they only received about $400. it appears the billing company is the problem here. Nonetheless, Mr Satti said he will keep following up to get the situation resolved. I will update when this is cleared up. Also, just to be clear, he is a very nice man and I had a great experience actually having my MRI performed, however, I am not thrilled with the amount of time I am spending getting the billing issue corrected.