Complaint Review: Highlawn Moving & Storage, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: Danny — New York New York United States of America
Highlawn Moving & Storage, Inc.
140 58th Street, Building A-8K Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Highlawn Moving & Storage, Inc. David Cohen, Josh Cohen Moving Scam: Demanded more money and stole high-priced items Brooklyn, New York

MOVING SCAM by HIGHLAWN MOVING & STORAGE, BROOKLYN, NY --> David Cohen

It highly advised that all consumers AVOID Highlawn Moving & Storage located in Brooklyn, NY. David Cohen (the owner of Highlawn) provided me with a binding price of what my move will cost. I was told the move would take exactly 6 days.

Shortly after my home was packed and picked up by Highlawn, I received a call from David Cohen and was asked to pay an additional $1,000 or else my belongings would be put in storage and not released to me. He claimed that unfortunately prices have gone up and that it will cost more for the move to be completed. This was a ridiculous claim and completely fraudulent. Giving in to this threat, I agreed (what choice did I have, my belongings were held at ransom). I was then called 2 days later and told that the move would take 14 days, 8 days more than what was agreed upon! I was furious and enraged.

Finally my move arrived and 2 boxes were missing, and several were broken into. Expensive handbags, a laptop computer, tools, clothing, and more. After going back and forth with David on the phone (calls were never returned), he admitted to the theft and all of the misconduct. He told me there was nothing I could about it. $5,000+ in items were stolen and the owner admitted to the theft! Legal action is next. This was a complete nightmare and I hope to spare others from the nightmare I am going through!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Highlawn-Moving-Storage-Inc/Brooklyn-New-York-11220/Highlawn-Moving-Storage-Inc-David-Cohen-Josh-Cohen-Moving-Scam-Demanded-more-money-a-977586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Highlawn Moving & Storage, Inc.