Complaint Review: Highlawn Moving & Storage

• Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: Not a victom — Boca Raton Florida United States of America
Highlawn Moving & Storage
240 N 52nd st Brooklyn New York 11220, New York United States of America

Highlawn Moving & Storage DON'T EVER USE THIS COMPANY !!!!- IF YOU DO DOCUMENT EVERYTHING, RECORD EVERTHING THEN CALL YOUR LAWYER. Brooklyn New York 11220, New York

On October 20 2012 - I called highlawn and hired them to move me from Philly to S Florida on Oct 31, 2012 - I recieved a call from the sales rep we went over the deilvery time ( 4- 7 business days and each item in detail and came up with  confirmation # and BINDING QUOTE. When the drivers arrived the said that the price changed by $1000 - The drivers said they have no power over pricing & charge bu space used - I would have to take any issues up with company- I paid the 60% of the bill ask asked but  I did not sign but initilized the documentation with a reference to the binding price. After several calls to the company they finally picked up property on Nov 5 -I callled and called getting the runaround about my shipment - I did not recieve a call until Thanksgiving day ( Nov 22)  stating that they would be there the next day. I informed them that banks are closed and I could not get the balance due from the ATM . When the drivers arrived in South Florida they demanded full payment and would not let me see the state of any of my equiptment or allow any less that the full Balance due - they left stating that I refused to pay. They kept all my belonging & now I have to hire a lawyer and go to court ---- PLEASE DONT USE THIS COMPANY & TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO NEVER USE THIS COMPANY

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Highlawn-Moving-Storage/Brooklyn-New-York-11220-New-York-11220/Highlawn-Moving-Storage-DONT-EVER-USE-THIS-COMPANY-IF-YOU-DO-DOCUMENT-EVERYTHING-972829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Highlawn Moving & Storage