Complaint Review: Highline Motor Group

Highline Motor Group
1150 Westford St Lowell, Massachusetts United States of America

Highline Motor Group Lemon sold to paralyzed victim Lowell, Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Worst than I thought

*Author of original report: Lesson learned

*Consumer Comment: You admit you didn't test drive the vehicle....HUGE mistake.

I am a paralyzed from my chest down and have one leg. I am a diabetic and do kidney dialysis 3 times a week. I am in pain 24 hours a day and along with the many injustices that I face daily, I was tragically and knowingly sold a lemon from Highline Motor Group. I bought a 1995 Mercedes S420 for $4995 from Highline. My plan was to buy the car and have it handicapped equipped so I could drive it.

When I went to see the vehicle with my family, I asked the salesman if there was anything wrong with the vehicle. He assured me there was NOTHING wrong with the vehicles. He said not to worry any way because they would go through the vehicle before they delivered it and fix anything that was wrong if they found anything. Because of this statement, we did not test drive the vehicle(my mistake).

When my wife picked up the car and drove less than 100 yards, she noticed that the check engine light was on. She didn't turn around because she was running late for work(driving a school bus). As soon as she told me about the check engine light, I contacted the salesman. He strung me on for a couple of weeks (saying things like it probably was humidity built up on the distributor, etc.), then told me to call him on Friday so he would tell me what he was going to do to fix the problems. When I called him, I was told that he was on vacation.

I filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau to address the problems with the vehicle( check engine light, door locks, ac, and the driver's window). To make a long story short, Highline told many lies and the BBB was not helpful. It took me contacting the Attorney General to get them to fix anything.

I had to get my car towed to Highline($175). My car was there for 30 days. They charged the ac, fixed the door locks, the check engine light is not illuminated, and they changed the window motor. When they changed the window motor, they broke the door.

The problem: My wife has driven the car 7 TIMES and only a few hundred miles total. We have had to get the car towed 3 times(costing over $400), twice since Highline said they fixed the car. Highline had my car in their possession for 30 days and broke my door. They  told me through the BBB to bring the car back. After avoiding my calls and not returning them when I left messages, I finally reached them and they told me not to bring the car there as they would not fix anything.

Highline never disclosed the true condition of this car when they sold it to me. They refuse to fix it properly and even broke something else when they had possession of my car. They won't do the right thing and fix it properly or give me a full refund.
This is a dealership who will take advantage of the helpless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Highline-Motor-Group/Lowell-Massachusetts-01851/Highline-Motor-Group-Lemon-sold-to-paralyzed-victim-Lowell-Massachusetts-934025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Highline Motor Group

Worst than I thought

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

Highline is much worst than I thought. After getting the Better Business Bureau involved (useless because Highline said they would do certain things and didn't/ no follow up by BBB) and the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Agency, Highline took the car to repair it. Not only did they not repair it, but they broke my door. I took the car to a Mercedes dealer to find out that Highline removed the check engine light so it would not illuminate.

Stay away from Highline Motor Group at all costs.

Lesson learned

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

The fact that I was paralyzed was obvious. They learned about the kidney dialysis  because the dealer  wanted me to take possession of the car on a day that I had dialysis.

They didn't give me a warranty and they lied about the condition of the car. It was the reason that the Attorney General got involved. I know that all used cars will have some issues, I just don't like to be lied to. While viewing the car with my family, I told the salesman about my last and recent car purchase. I bought a similar vehicle that the dealer told me that the only thing wrong with it was the battery. Two months and $3000 later, I sold the car. I told the buyer EVERYTHING that was wrong with the car.

I know that I made a mistake by not having my wife test drive the car. I just want people to know what I experienced with this dealer. He said and did so many unethical things, I thought we were making a movie. Beware, if there is any way this dealership can take advantage of you, they will. I have no reason to say anything but the truth. I will never consider doing business with them again...even if they were giving away free cars. I just know how they truly do business.

You admit you didn't test drive the vehicle....HUGE mistake.

"I am a paralyzed from my chest down and have one leg. I am a diabetic and do kidney dialysis 3 times a week. I am in pain 24 hours a day and along with the many injustices that I face daily,.."

Is it your contention that they Ripped you Off ONLY because of your physical afflictions?....or is this just an attempt to garner sympathy for your cause?

How did they know you are a diabetic and do kidney dialysis and are in pain 24/7.  See, if you hadn't told them all this, they wouldn't have treated you the way they did...lesson learned...right?

What does your WRITTEN warranty on this vehicle say about who pays for repairs?
You didn't buy it "AS-IS, did you...guess you probably did and that would mean YOU pay for any and all repairs.
You should also face the fact that a 17 year old vehicle WILL have issues.