Complaint Review: Highmark Insurance Plans

• Updated: Thu, March 11, 2010

• Reported By: Chris — Dodge City Kansas United States of America
Highmark Insurance Plans

Highmark Insurance Plans Karl Lazar PUSHY! SLIMY! GREEDY! JERK! LIAR! Internet

This company is annoying...they call, and call, and call, and call. When I complained about this, the first sales rep told me that it was law to call until they got a response since I contacted them via the Internet. Funny how I did not call them nor did I go to their specific website (it's down and will not allow you in).

Shame on me for thinking they were legit...spent 50 minutes on the phone with these yayhoos, getting angrier by the minute. I told the first sales rep that I wasn't comfortable with making a decision for insurance yet. He said OK then put me on hold. That's when this Karl Lazar came on the line, identifying himself as the assistant manager. He came up with a completely different health plan for me than the first rep, insisted it was the best one for me (without giving me the option of looking at others), and had the annoying habit of interrupting me EVERY time I began to speak. This guy is slick. He got to the point that I needed to give him my bank information and slid right in to "whenever you are ready." I stopped him at that point and said no thank you. He put me on hold to "check on something...see if the insurance company will allow no payment in advance." I hung up on him.

Since then, this blasted company has called me repeatedly. Every. Single. Day. I recognize the number on my caller ID so I do not pick up. Now I'm worried that personal information for my family has been compromised. I attempted to email Mr. Lazar to tell him to leave me alone and (surprise, surprise), the email address won't work. Neither does the website. What a scam. Somebody in Florida needs to take this guy and this bogus company to the cleaners.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2010 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Highmark-Insurance-Plans/internet/Highmark-Insurance-Plans-Karl-Lazar-PUSHY-SLIMY-GREEDY-JERK-LIAR-Internet-579802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Highmark Insurance Plans