efficient

Complaint Review: Hill Brothers Transportation

• Submitted: Sat, July 17, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, July 17, 2010

• Reported By: Tom — Mingo Jct. Ohio U.S.A.
Hill Brothers Transportation
7850 I st. Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

Hill Brothers Transportation Stacked my DAK report. Falsified reports Omaha, Nebraska

I was employed @ Hill Brothers Transportion for almost three yrs. During this time, they could not get me home for appointments whether they were for lawyer appointments regarding my pending divorcer, doctor appointments, to visit my mother, who's health was failing and, ultimately, they refused to get me home when I received notice that she had died. I was near Dallas, TX at the time of her death. Needing to get to Ohio, Hill brothers promised me, if I got the load north, they would relay it and get me to Ohio.  My error to trust them. I wound up in Omaha,Ne, at the terminal, the day before the funeral.  I had been told, they would fly me home.  Another lie. They put pressure on me to take, yet another load, further west. ie Colorado. I needed to get east, to Ohio.  They told me, the $100.00 ticket was not in their budget.  They pressured me to take the load, telling me how unfair it was for me to abandon a load, drop the ball on somebody else and, how unfair I was being...  That I really needed to stay under the load and finish the trip. I reminded them of my mother's death and that they were supposed to get me home. Not keep me away from my family and the funeral. I was finally able to borrow a computer, pay for my own ticket and arrange for my own ride to the airport.

Aside from these incidences, there are several others. I was stopped in construction traffic, when a man trailering lawn equipment, decided he was going to pass me on the right. This put him on the shoulder of the highway. I was stopped in traffic.  He cut in too soon, hit 'my' truck and did damage to the front fender and grill area.  Hill Brothers listed this as my fault, based on the compaint of the man that hit me. I submitted pictures to the company, as required. They were taken on the shoulder of the highway. Again, based on what the guy said, that hit me, I was told, by safety, there was no shoulder on the side of the highway.   I even went to the police station ande insisted they make out a report. The police report indicated that I was hit. Hill Brothers still left it as my fault etc.  For this, I was suspended without pay, for three days.  The list goes on. Suffice to say, Hills Brothers is a less than driver friendly company.  They are first and foremost ready to throw out the driver, no matter what the proof is.  They put me on electronic logs with, according to a Nevada State Trooper, inadiquate training. The trooper even gave me copies of the law pertaining to what she was telling me.  Hill Brothers held it against me.  This was the ultimate reason for my termination.  The list goes on. If you care about your CDL, stay away from this company. They will stack your DAK, causing delay in transition to another company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2010 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hill-Brothers-Transportation/Omaha-Nebraska-68127/Hill-Brothers-Transportation-Stacked-my-DAK-report-Falsified-reports-Omaha-Nebraska-624206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hill Brothers Transportation