likes

Hill Kelly Dodge
6171 Pensacola Blvd Pensacola, Florida USA

Hill Kelly Dodge Repairs cars and returns them still broken. Pensacola Florida

*Author of original report: Conclusion

I made an appointment to have my jeep repaired on August 5, 2013.  They told me it needed an EGR Valve, cooler, hoses and gaskets.  Additionally, I paid them almost 3000 dollars at that time after taking out a loan from the Navy and Marine Corps Relief Society.  We rented a vehicle that day through them.

Two days later, they called to say they had not looked at the car yet.  They then proceeded to tell me that the mechanic that would fix it was leaving town for training the rest of that week and I should come pick the car up.  The car was broken and couldn't be picked up.

On the following Monday, Frank, the service manager claims that another vehicle was brought in from Mobile and was put ahead of mine.

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013, the service department called and said they had made the repairs but the check engine light was on.  Several hours later they called and said the car was repaired and we could pick it up.  My wife turned in the rental car and went to the dealership where they charged her an additional $1000.00.  She picked it up and drove home.  During the drive she noticed the same vibration coming from the engine and thick black smoke coming from the exhaust.  The next morning, the check engine light came back on.

Upon returning to the service department, I asked Frank how they got the engine light off and he said they had manually turned it off.

On Wednesday, August 28, 2013, Frank calls to inform me that it will be an additional $1800 dollars to just find out what is wrong with it and that I should trade it in to them and buy another car.  A new engine runs around $4500 dollars plus labor.  I think they should refund my money to include the rental car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hill-Kelly-Dodge/Pensacola-Florida-32507/Hill-Kelly-Dodge-Repairs-cars-and-returns-them-still-broken-Pensacola-Florida-1079795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hill Kelly Dodge

Conclusion

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

The company has satisfactory resolved the complaint.  Management contacted me and refunded the expenses I incurred.  I am satisfied with the outcome of this complaint process and am not willing to take any further action.  Thank you.