Complaint Review: Hillbilly Holler Newspaper

• Updated: Sat, November 05, 2011

• Reported By: dawn — cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Hillbilly Holler Newspaper
PO Box 37 Maidsville, West Virginia United States of America

Hillbilly Holler Newspaper Wallace C. Marlowe Ripped Me Off!!! Maidsville, West Virginia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: not bill e. hill

I paid $35 back in December. I ordered one subscription for myself and one for my Dad. I have not received a single issue, nor have I received any replies to the emails I've sent. I've looked up the "business" on the Better Business Bureau website and it says that the company is no longer in business. Then why in the world was my check cashed?! A stamp with the name "Hillbilly Holler" appears on the back of the cashed check. As well as a PNC Bank stamp. I was recently in Morgantown and picked up the 2009 November issue. Seems to me that this guy's still in business. And he's ripping a lot of people off. After doing some research, I came across this website and it looks like this guy's name is Wallace C. Marlowe. I can't find him on anywho.com, but he does appear on intellicast.com.
 What makes me so upset is that I have supported this newspaper for quite some time now. So much so, that I wanted to share it with my Dad. To be ripped off in such a manner is incredibly aggravating. I want to get this taken care of before he does it to another person!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2010 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hillbilly-Holler-Newspaper/Maidsville-West-Virginia-26541/Hillbilly-Holler-Newspaper-Wallace-C-Marlowe-Ripped-Me-Off-Maidsville-West-Virginia-576340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hillbilly Holler Newspaper

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

not bill e. hill

AUTHOR: not bill e. hill - (United States of America)

The person named in this report is not and has never been employed by the hillbilly holler. He was doing a favor for the owner of the paper Tony Wray, while he was out of town. All this person was doing was forwarding the mail. The person you need to be upset with is Tony Wray, owner of the hillbilly holler.