- Report: #1055529
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Hillcrest Golf and Country Club
Hillcrest Golf and Country Club4600 Hillcrest Dr Hollywood, Florida USA
Hillcrest Golf and Country Club ROBBED AT GUN POINT Hollywood Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Beware of playing golf at Hillcrest Golf and Country club in Hollywood, Florida. I was robbed at gun point on the 15th hole. It was a very freighting experience at 65 years old. Myself and my buddy lost $1500 in cash and items stolen. We were lucky we were not shot. The course did nothing to compensate us for our experience. Yet I am responsible if I break the cart, or a window on golf course. But they seem to believe that they are not responsible for me on there property after me paying to play golf there.
My insurance claim was rejected by North American Risk Services;
This claim is for myself: James E Schultz & Bernard Rausch
3/12/13 @12:24 PM, Myself and Bernard was robbed at gun point on the 15th Hole @ Hillcrest Golf and Country Club. Suspect jumped over a 4 ft block fence and demanded our cash and valuables or he would shoot us. Bernard threw up $900 he had from his wallet and while the suspect was picking up the money we ran for help. The suspect proceeded to go through our golf cart and bags; and steal various items.
Hollywood Police Department responded. Jason Timmons was the Police officer. The Police report #33-1303-037253.
Besides the $900 I lost my cell phone, magnetic bracelet, cigars, cigar case, cigar lighters. and ball markers. These items were valued at about $500.
3/13/13 Lewis Rissman General Manager of the golf course contacted North American Risk Service (there Insurance carrier). Lewis is employed by Troon Golf LLC who owns the golf course.
3/14/13 Sue Kielkucki contacted us about the claim and took our information.
3/16/13 I contacted Sue, she told me they were investigating and getting police report.
3/20/13 I called Sue and left message, she did not call back
3/27/13 I called sue and she was rude and nasty. She said they do not have police report.
4/22/13 I sent E mail to North American asking for help because Sue is not getting back to me.
4/24/13 I received a letter from Sue with a proof of lost form. She stated that they did not receive a police report and could I send her one.
5/3/13 Before I could put together a proof of lost form with all the information they wanted I received a DENY OF CLAIM FOR ITEMS STOLEN ON COURSE.
1) I contacted the Hollywood Police Department and they told me after 7 days of the robbery the police report was available.
2) I did a crime check of the area around the golf course and it said there were 21 assaults, robberies, burglary, and theft from 1/1/13 thru 3/12/13 (the day of the robbery)
Lewis admitted to me there was a previous robbery and they were working on putting up a higher fence. He said they were trying to get the permit.
3) I feel when I pay my money to play golf at a golf course, they are responsible to keep me safe. If I break the golf cart I am responsible. If a break a window on a car or house I am responsible. If some one hurts their self on my property I am responsible. If my dog bites someone, i am responsible; So why is the course/Insurance Co. not responsible for my losses. If we would have been shot or killed I am sure it would have been a different story, because every lawyer in town would have lined up to get the case.
4) I feel because we were from out of town, we were taken advantage of. We have been playing a week of golf in Florida in the spring for 15 years.
Any help would be deeply appreciated,
Hillcrest Golf And Country Club
4600 Hillcrest Dr
Hollywood, Fl 33021
Lewis Rissman 954.987.5000
North American Risk Services
P O Box 166002
Altamonte Springs Fl 32716-6002
800.315.6090 Sue Kielkucki
Hollywood Police Department
3250 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, Fl 33021
Officer Jason Timmons 954.967.4636
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2013 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hillcrest-Golf-and-Country-Club/Hollywood-Florida-33021/Hillcrest-Golf-and-Country-Club-ROBBED-AT-GUN-POINT-Hollywood-Florida-1055529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.