Complaint Review: Hilton Head Guest Services, Hilton Head Vacation Play

• Submitted: Thu, May 27, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, May 31, 2010

• Reported By: Sinead — Forest Hills New York United States of America
Hilton Head Guest Services, Hilton Head Vacation Play

Hilton Head Guest Services, Hilton Head Vacation Play Vacation Play -False Advertising Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Let me help you!

My relatives booked travel through Vacation Play. They were told that the vacation would be at the Coral Resorts on Hilton Head Island, SC.  They were informed that it was a beachfront resort and the package included benefits such as 8 FREE rounds of golf.  The only stipulation was that they had to take a tour of the timeshare to get the discounted accommodations and FREE golf.  Included in the package was an optional upgrade that included another couple.  My husband and I went with them.

On arrival on the Island we received the details of the package but were told that the golf was discounted but not free at $35 per person.  We were given directions to the hotel.  When we arrived at the hotel it was not one of the beach front Coral resorts but a hotel in the middle of the island with no beach access.  When we inquired we were informed that this was the package and the Coral Resort was only for the tour of the timeshare and you could only stay there if you bought one of the packages.

We completed our vacation and did the best we could under the circumstances but I would NEVER recommend Vactionplay.com to anyone.  They got us down under false and misleading advertising, asked that everything be paid upfront and there was no refund policy.

This company needs to be investigated by the Better Business Bureau.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2010 07:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hilton-Head-Guest-Services-Hilton-Head-Vacation-Play/internet/Hilton-Head-Guest-Services-Hilton-Head-Vacation-Play-Vacation-Play-False-Advertising-In-607823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hilton Head Guest Services, Hilton Head Vacation Play

Let me help you!

AUTHOR: Chriistybutter - (USA)

I am sorry to hear that your vacation was not what you expected.  We are the #1 provider of tourism to beautiful Hilton Head Island, SC.  All of our vacation represenatives follw a script to make sure they offer ONLY what is avaliable on our vacation packages. ONLY our owners stay at the Coral Sands resort for privacy.  We use first class hotel accommodations on the island for all of our vacation packages.  Since ALL of our sales calls are recorded, I will be happy to pull the call with your families transaction and honor exactly what the represenative told them they were to receive.  Please call me at your earliest convienience to discuss this further.  Again, my apologies for any misunderstanding.  I look forward to hearing from you!

Christy PAtrick General Manager 1-800-771-1368 Mon-Sat 8am-1pm CST