Complaint Review: Hilton Head Guest Services

• Updated: Wed, July 18, 2012

• Reported By: eula — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Hilton Head Guest Services
130 Shipyard Drive, Hilton Head Island SC Internet United States of America

Hilton Head Guest Services Vacation Play We were charged incorrectly and did not get what we paid for. The resort did not live up to their words , Internet

We received a call from Vacation Play offering a 3 day 2 night getwaway for 139.00, plus 100.00 worth of gift certificates. I told the rep that was an awesome package but I was planning a birthday trip and would need one additional day. She said that would not be a problem. I gave a credit card to secure the reservation and the agent charged 139.00 plus tax.

She was to send an email confirming the reservation, which I never received until after I called again. Upon our check in with guest services, we realized that the reservation was wrong and the gift certificate amount was 75.00. I was told that I had to call the 800 number to correct it, which was after hours now so I would have to call the next day.

I called the next morning, they sent another voucher for another night's stay but I was charged an additional 89.00. Unbeknownst to me, the 25.00 certificate was sent to vacation play to be applied to a package deal. I went back to guest services and they refunded me the 25.00

We checked in, the room needed to be tidied, we paid for an upgrade to oceanfront view and got a view of the pool through palm trees. We had to evacuate the hotel around 10:30am the next morning due to a false fire alarm. Then we returned to the room after 430 and it had not been cleaned. We were promised a comp night and a buffet voucher due to the inconveniences.

We received the buffet voucher, still fighting for the refund to the night's stay.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hilton-Head-Guest-Services/internet/Hilton-Head-Guest-Services-Vacation-Play-We-were-charged-incorrectly-and-did-not-get-what-913765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hilton Head Guest Services