Complaint Review: Hilton Head Massage Therapy

• Submitted: Mon, January 25, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, December 30, 2010

• Reported By: Another Dissatisfied Client — Troy Ohio United States of America
Hilton Head Massage Therapy
6 Office Way Suite908 Hilton Head Island, South Carolina United States of America

Hilton Head Massage Therapy Jan Kasmir Worst Experience Ever - Avoid Hilton Head Island, South Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Karen tried to get something for nothing!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This Woman would boil my bunny given the chance!

Worst Experience Ever Avoid Jan Kasmir / Hilton Head Massage

I selected Jan Kasmir / Hilton Head Massage after researching massage therapists on Hilton Head Island, talking to her, and exchanging emails.  From her website and all the supposedly glowing reviews, our conversations, and emails, I thought she would be great (or at least good).  The experience was awful as were the massages.  After giving her a deposit, I couldnt get a call back or confirmation she was coming.  I had to call/email several times to confirm she was in fact coming.  After finally confirming she was coming, she arrived only minutes before the massages were supposed to begin meaning the massages would be shortened since she had to set up her table and get ready before she could actually begin the massages.  The massages themselves were extremely bizarre and everyone in the party who received a massage was disappointed.  They all said it was the strangest massage they had ever received.  They thought she was shampooing their hair, and she did not focus on any of the areas they requested.  When she was finished, she then simply walked out of the room.  My sister was left lying on the table wondering what was going on, if Jan was coming back, or if she should get up off the table.  Further, she cut everyones massage short.  I had agreed to pay Jan $75/hour for 3 1-hour massages.  In fact what I got were 3 approximately 45 minute massages.  She was on-site for only 2 hours total!  It was not at all what I thought I was paying for.  No worry I thought.  She offers a guarantee: Best massage of your life or you pay nothing.  I contacted Jan following the massages to find out why the massages had been cut short and ask for an adjustment, since we received shortened massages.  Jan immediately attacked me and my family claiming we were rude and trying to cheat her.  She also claimed I waited a week to say anything when I actually contacted her within 2 business days of my family receiving the massages, and she said my family members had to be happy with the massages since they tipped her even though I explained to her the tip had been pre-arranged/determined in advance.

Since the massages, I came across this website and report on Jan.  How I wish I had seen it before I contacted and hired Jan.   I probably would have gone somewhere else and not only avoided the bad massages but this whole terrible experience.  Trying to work with Jan to resolve this situation has been even worse than the massages themselves.   You can see from Jans response to the other complaint on this web site how she responds to clients.  Her response to me has been similar.  I would avoid Jan at all costs.  I have stopped trying to get an adjustment for the shortened massages and am now trying to get a full refund due to all the grief and aggravation this experience has caused.    I have disputed the charge with my credit card company for the deposit but will be out of luck for the rest, as I unfortunately paid the balance by check but I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  If you want a massage on Hilton Head Island, I would go anywhere other than to Jan Kasmir. Hope this review helps you avoid a painful experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2010 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hilton-Head-Massage-Therapy/Hilton-Head-Island-South-Carolina-29928/Hilton-Head-Massage-Therapy-Jan-Kasmir-Worst-Experience-Ever-Avoid-Hilton-Head-Island-S-559656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hilton Head Massage Therapy

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Karen tried to get something for nothing!

AUTHOR: J Kasmir - (USA)

I was hired to massage 3 persons in a condo. My reduced fee would have been discounted to $99 for each person. (I charge $119 per hour.)I emailed back and forth with Karen - she suggested that she only wanted to pay $75 and asked if I would take less for a reduced time? SO, I went in thinking I was doing 3 massages at $75 - 45 minutes each. What I did not do was notice that her last email slipped in "3 hr/$75" - I did not read the email closely enough, but the previous umpteen emails ALL made it clear what my prices were.

When I finished the massages, I was given a VERY generous tip - something one would not do if the massages were horrible - plus hugs were exchanged by all. When she heard that the massages were 45 minutes. she did everything she could to get me to refund a large portion of the money - in hindsight, I should have just done it to keep her quiet. SHE HAS DONE EVERYTHING BUT BOIL MY BUNNY! You would think that this woman had no life. She complained to any agency that would listen,. I JUST discovered this piece of drek almost a year later.I know the woman needs help. I am NOT the person to give it to her.I am a 1986 graduate of a New York medical massage college - The New York College of Health Professionals, and after 25 years in practice, I can honestly say, i do not know how to give a bad massage.

Karen did not get a massage, but this was her family, and she paid for the massages. She was not there while they were performed, and returned AFTER I left.The other weird report was done by a credit card merchant who tried to rip me off. We had words, but when things cooled off, (I canceled on the company), she wrote a retraction, but, of course, this stupid Rip-off Report buried that ..."Cooler Heads Prevail" his Rip-off Report is the REAL RIP OFF! Any angry jackass can slander someone with no recourse.

All you have to do is look at my reviews - a few weird people have slipped through - I can only imagine they are competitors. Mostly, people praise me to the Heavens!

My only consolation is that KARMA IS A MOTHER! Those people will get there's in the end!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This Woman would boil my bunny given the chance!

AUTHOR: J Kasmir - (USA)

Because there was a misunderstanding over the amount of time this woman's 2 sisters and mother received, I have inherited the unhappiest, surrealistically crazed client I have ever encountered in my 25 years of working as a therapist. This is all over the fact that she didn't snooker me into agreeing to work at less than my usual rate of $109 per hour. SHE had suggested that I work for 45 minutes for the 3 massages, but at the last minute, sent the email to read,"$75/hr for 3 massages".  I did not read the email closely, and so I  delivered per HER suggestion -  3 massages for 45 minutes at $75.   She has been on an absolute rampage trying to recoup money back, ( I OFFERED TO DONATE $30 TO A WORTHY CAUSE IN HER NAME, as I felt she did not deserve to be rewarded for such bad behavior. It seems she much rather throw tantrums! )
This woman is trying to become my worst nightmare, but in fact, I have already had people who have called me from her Ripp-Off report - she has actually increased business, as people have not believed what she said - investigated MY website - www.hiltonmassage.com - and they found that I REALLY AM THE BEST AT WHAT I DO.  I have been a therapist for 25 years - graduated from a New York College - my clients have included Bon Jovie, Sylvestor Stallone and his wife, John Cougar Mellencammp and more. You know what they say about publicity - just spell the name right!
On a serious note - as a therapist, I am sincerely saddened by people in pain.  It is hard to muster up much sympathy when they are so hostile.  I hope she runs out of steam for her own sake.  People end up with heart attacks and strokes over just this kind of wasted energy.