Complaint Review: Hilton Head Massage Therapy

• Updated: Thu, October 04, 2012

• Reported By: Concerned About a Liar — Atlanta Georgia USA
Hilton Head Massage Therapy
7 Rusty Rail Lane Hilton Head, South Carolina United States of America

Hilton Head Massage Therapy, Jan Kasmir, Cons Unsuspected Vacationers to the Island Hilton Head South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Best Massage Therapist for Years

*Consumer Comment: "CESSPOOL OF LIES POEM"....

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is a SICK FANTASY produced by a SICK MIND!

*Author of original report: Cooler Heads Prevail

* : Sandy is a liar and will most likely be sued over this totally untrue report

Vacation Turns Into An Ongoing Nighmare After Psycho Massage!!

A few months ago after I was told by my Health Care Provider that I needed to remove stress from my life and take a much needed vacation. I decided to go to one of my old favorites, Hilton Head. While staying at an extemely popular Resort, I noticed a flyer from a Company calling itself  Hilton Head Massage Therapy. In fact in passing, I'd seen the flyer in a couple of different places.

The name sounded so trusting seeing that it contained the name of the entire Island. On the flyer there was a picure of a woman dressed in white that would suggest that she had a medical background. Also on the flyer she gave an impressive bio that included her expertise in Medical Message.

The flyer indicated that she would conveniently come to your hotel location and give you an in room massage.  I called an spoke with the owner Jan Kasmir who happened to also be the lady on the flyer. I want to ask some questions because I had specific medical concerns, sciatica and stress. And wanted to know if she was good with both. She sold me that she was and that she was regular in and out of the resort where I was staying...so I scheduled.

The day of my massage I became a little suspicious of her credibility. She was late which was no biggie because she called. But the hotel wouldn't let her up to my room when she arrived.  The called me first and I asked wasn't she a regular therapist on site. They indicated to me that they were not familiar with her. Someone escorted her up to my room. Feeling a little uneasy, I asked my Assistant to stay behind to make sure everything was on the up and up.

It took her over 15 minutes to get set up which I thought was a bit much for someone who had been doing this for as long as she claimed. And the fact that she was running late. She made alot of small talk trying to keep my attention off of what was really going on. And she seemed a little nervous about someone else being close by. My Assistant sat on the balcony while she did the masaage. She didn't at all appear to be competant when I asked her simple questions about her treatments for sciatica. She went on tangents and never answered my questions. I noticed the accent in her voice. And felt like I was getting a con job from some fast talker from the New York area finding a new con in ripping off vacationers who were only going to call on her one time to begin with. But trying to keep my life calm and knowing my assistant was close by, I decided to go through with it.

She charged me $99 + tip for a message where she would work on my sciatica. She gave me a light mini massage in between a lot of talk and chatter which would cause her to stop working altogether while she was telling "stories". At this point I felt this was a joke. She isn't any good at this and hopes between all the talk that I won't have the scrupples to notice.

I'm sure many other vacationers have been duped by this woman. You call her one time to the tune of $99 and she never sees you again. The massage left me in more pain that I originally started with and I had to go to my chiropractor upon my return as a result of her incompetence. But this is not the most scary part of doing business with this woman.

When I got ready to pay...yes I just wanted her gone. And she seemed like the type that would make a scene if you tell her that her work was not worth it. Afterall I'm on a stress free vacation right? On the phone she told me she took credit cards. When I went to give her my card, she started to make excuses and rant on about how she had left her machine somewhere else. She wanted to write my credit card number down on a piece of paper!!! Hell no!!

I told her that I was in the credit card processing business and that I know better than that. I asked her did she have a knuckle buster...the manual machine you use to slide the card across. She started looking in a bag and through her things as if she was searching for it. Guess what...she didn't have one. I was quite surprised that someone in a mobile business for as long as she was didn't have a mobile credit card terminal.

She managed to find a blank form and used that to take down my info and give me a receipt. I gave her my business card and told her that in her business and in today's world of ID Theft, she needs to do better than that. I also told her that I could get her a deal on a wireless terminal if she would call me on Monday. She packed and left.

The entire transaction made me nervous. So nervous that I kept checking my account online to make sure nothing suspicious was going on with my card. By Wednesday her transaction came through. I them cancelled my card with my bank because I was a very suspicious about someone dealing with nothing but tourist running arround with a bag full of our credit card numbers on paper.

With the bad service, worthless massage and unprofessional manner in which she does business, I tought that was the last time I would ever deal with her. Unfortunately it wasn't. She inquired about the credit card machine I mentioned to her.

The long and the short of that part of the nightmare is Jan wanted me to give her something for nothing. She had somehow managed to process credit cards online. But for some reason did not have a terminal. In my business that means she either cannot afford one or she was terminated by another processor for not paying a bill. I don't know.

Just like I was right to be concerned about her ability to do a quality massage etc. I should have never tried to help her get a credit card terminal for her business. We gave her use of a $1200 machine for a simple one time set up of $199. She could have bought the machine for $1200. She could have leased the machine for $2800 w interest. But since she told me she could not afford those options, here I am again making concessions for this woman who has managed to insinuate herself into my life beyond this one time massage deal. She paid the $199, got the machine and has been a nut job since.

Here's what I think. She conned me into the message which was a total ripoff to begin with. She harbors credit card numbers from people on vacation. Since I was too smart for her to "get me" that way. She decided to "get me" some other kind of way. She conned me into helping her get an expensive wireless machine for next to nothing. She complained about an imaginary person telling her that machine was suppose to be free altogether and that the $199 I charged she didn't have to pay at at...you steal my money for a bogus, worthless massage that left me in back pain. You try to rip me off of my company's equipment by complaining about a $199 charge. Then you spend countless days and hours clogging up our voicemails using profanity and violent language because we wont give you everything and the lamp post for free.

Vacationers beware!!! If you are gay, she is homophobic. She seems to think because I had another female in the room with me that I'm a dyke as she's called me. She's not to be trusted with your body, your health and certainly not credit card information. Something does not add up about all of this. And the hotel has since told me that there have been numerous complaints about her.

Use at your own risk....she really got me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2009 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hilton-Head-Massage-Therapy/Hilton-Head-South-Carolina-29926/Hilton-Head-Massage-Therapy-Jan-Kasmir-Cons-Unsuspected-Vacationers-to-the-Island-Hilton-487079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hilton Head Massage Therapy

Best Massage Therapist for Years

AUTHOR: Rock and Roll Guru - (United States of America)

Jan Kasmir is a Rock Star massage therapist. She has been helping me for years every time I visit Hilton Head. You might want to know that she also takes wonderful care of some Gay AND Lesbian friends of mine when they visit.

She is as good as it gets in Hilton Head if you have health issues and need a massage. Simple as that.

The person who wrote this review obviously put considerable thought into how to tell a series of untruths 'almost' believably...or perhaps he or she even believes what they wrote.

Hard to take he, she or it seriously when they cannot even spell competent...competently.

Finally, how many of my friends in rock and roll would you imagine make appointments to see Jan before they get to town fer vacation cuz they know how fast she books up?

Hugs.

"CESSPOOL OF LIES POEM"....

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

is available at this website!

*Just type in 646259 and it appears as 'Consumer Comment #2' at Ripoff Report #646259.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is a SICK FANTASY produced by a SICK MIND!

AUTHOR: J Kasmir - (USA)

I won't waste any more time - she printed a retraction - She was trying to sell me credit card services from a total rip-off company - I x'ed the deal, and this sick garbage is what she came up with. read her retractioon, and then ask yourself - 'WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?"

Ripoff Report is a cesspool that lies in wait for any disgruntled idoit that has a computer and can type.

Oh well.

Cooler Heads Prevail

AUTHOR: Concerned About a Liar - (USA)

Sometimes when we are angered we say things in the heat of the moment and we do things that make us wish we had found a better approach to our concerns. This update is a result of one of those moments. I've gotten to know somethings about the owner of Hilton Head Massage Therapy, Jan Kasmir, I must say she is a delightful person. She and I have agreed to handle our differences like civil, decent human beings and not be sucked into the dangers of random attacks found in many internet blogs disguised as free speech. In fact, once I had the chance to reflect back upon the situation, my words in my original report were completely uncalled for. Jan Kasmir is actually an American Hero. Her work, her history.....Jan has done more to help people than any isolated misunderstanding could take from her. It would go against every fiber of my being, if I didn't update this report  and let every reader know this fact. Jan has serviced the Hilton Head community for a long time. I've found that in the service industry if your over all track record isn't stellar, you wouldn't be around that long. Thanks Jan for helping me see this from all sides. It's ok to disagree and not be disagree-able. When in Hilton Head, give Jan Kasmir a call, she will take good care of you. And if for some reason, you want her to do something different all you have to do is communicate your needs to her. Its as simple as that. I'm certain that with her many years of experience she will take very good care of you....

#5

Sandy is a liar and will most likely be sued over this totally untrue report

AUTHOR: J Kasmir - (USA)

When Sandy filed this report, and she only got one fact correct.  She sells credit card merchant services, and therein lies the problem.
I am currently in contact with Global, the company she represented, to have a refund of the $199 fee she duped me out of.  She sold me on Global's services, and then proceeded to swindle me out of a fee she fabricated, stating that it would reduce the monthly cost my account.  After I contacted Global and found out that there were NO benefits that fee would provide - it was an arbitrary fee she pocketed, and was totally without benefit, I proceeded to complain to Global about her, and demand the fee be returned.

EVERYTHING SHE DESCRIBES IN THIS "REPORT" IS HER ATTEMPT TO SLANDER ME AND IS A FIGMENT OF HER IMAGINATION. I have MONTHS OF FRIENDLY EMAILS FROM HER AFTER THE MASSAGE FROM THE BEGINNING OF MAY , when she thought we were going to do business.  (I cannot include a copy of the emails as they are a different format.  I was trying to post one from May 4, 2009 where she was quoting me prices.)

I did not accept credit cards WHEN I MET HER, so the whole story about the card machine, etc. is total fabrication.
Note- I do not charge for tips.  They are freely given.  She tipped me because she appreciated the service - perhaps she was looking forward to selling me her services as well.  Who knows.

There was no animosity UNTIL I discovered she had misrepresented her fee, and I contacted the company that she represented.
PS - her "assistant" was her significant other - she even had to lie about that .

The weirdest part of all is that Sandy cloaks herself in religiosity.  Call her cell phone and hear her latest "inspirational" message. (((ROR REDACTED))).

I am a 1986 graduate of a Medical New York Massage College, and a respected member of the Hilton Head Community.  I DONATE MANY HOURS OF SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY.  MY MOST RECENT INVOLVEMENT WAS VOLUNTEER MASSGE AT THE VAN DER MEER WHEEL CHAIR TENNIS TOURNAMENT.

I have guaranteed my massage for over 24 years as "The BEST Massage You Ever Had or You Pay NOTHING!"  Sandy had the opportunity to pay nothing if she had a complaint at the time.  SHE TIPPED ME.

I WILL BE HAPPY TO HAVE ANYONE CONTACT ME REGARDING THIS STORY.  JAN KASMIR 843-683-2273.

I AM CURRENTLY PREPARING TO SUE SANDY IN ATLANTA FOR DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER, SLANDER, AND ANYTHING ELSE MY ATTORNEY THINKS IS APPROPRIATE.

I understand she is SICK AND vitriolic, and probably needs a lot of professional help. Unfortunately, her behavior has been so despicable and amoral, I find it hard at this time to be very sympathetic.

I will give her thee opportunity to retract her warped fabrication of reality.  This has been reported to Global, which will probably take action to sever any relationship.

If she is truly repentant and has not caused me any real damage, then I will possibly consider not suing her, out of compassion for how sick she is. And perhaps out of the wisdom to save my bunny from being boiled - if you get my drift.
Shalom,  Jan Kasmir - Hilton Head Massage therapy - 843-683-2273