Complaint Review: Hiran Mazaira at Eyeglass Factory

• Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: sandra — worcester Massachusetts United States of America
Hiran Mazaira at Eyeglass Factory
276 Boston Turnpike shrewsbury, Massachusetts United States of America

Hiran Mazaira at Eyeglass Factory took cash deposit, did not deliver. shrewsbury, Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Hiran Mazzaira - Eyeglass Factory- sent refund

In early November 2012, I went to the Eyeglass Factory to use my Groupon for a pair of eyeglasses. I was going to use my credit card to leave a deposit for the order, which was 2 prs of eyeglasses. Hiran Mazaira, owner and the only person that was in the store that day, urged me to give him a cash deposit and he could give me a discount for doing so. I gave him $300 in cash and he said that my eyeglasses would be ready in 10-14 days. I waited for more than 2 weeks and called, he stated that they were not in yet but that he would put a "super rush" on them and said he would call me. i waited another week before calling and again he said that they were not in yet. I called again a couple of days later and he stated that he was cutting them as we spoke. I could pick them up that day, I stated that I would be there by 5PM. When I got to the store, it was closed, a note on the door stated that he went for a rug cleaning machine and would be back in 30 minutes. [continued below]....
..... I knew that he would not be, but played the 'game' and waited. I also stopped by at 5AM the next morning and the same note was on the door. I called several times and left messages, stating that I wanted either my eyeglasses or a refund. Hiran Mazaira called me on 12/8 and wanted my debit card information so that he could credit my account immediately. I did not give him the information, told him that i gave him cash and i wanted cash back, he said that i could pick it up on monday 12/10. the store had been cleared out by then.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hiran-Mazaira-at-Eyeglass-Factory/shrewsbury-Massachusetts-01545/Hiran-Mazaira-at-Eyeglass-Factory-took-cash-deposit-did-not-deliver-shrewsbury-Massach-983567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hiran Mazaira at Eyeglass Factory

Hiran Mazzaira - Eyeglass Factory- sent refund

AUTHOR: sandra - (United States of America)

I have an update - today, 12/21/12, I received a Postal Money order for the amount of my cash deposit that I had given for my eyeglasses. Hiran also sent the 2 pairs of frames. I still have not been reimbursed for the $50 Groupon. I have sent several emails to Groupon to recoup that cost.