Complaint Review: His and Hers Auctions

• Updated: Sun, August 12, 2012

• Reported By: unhappy — Cleveland Ohio United States of America
His and Hers Auctions
13387 Smith Rd. middleburg Height, Ohio United States of America

His and Hers Auctions Are They trying to go outof busniess? middleburg Height, Ohio

*General Comment: The other side of the story: His and Hers Auctions is a great place to buy and sell

*Consumer Comment: The word is getting around

I have to say that folks at his and hers auctions do not know how to run business.  tHeyu need to learn bout auctions and business.  I do not now how long they are in business but they dont seem to try very hard.  I braught some items to auction three weeks ago and there was no preview accept for just before auction, no photos of my stuff on their internet, no auction catalog, the guy call my item some sort of "thing", and I do not think the auctionneer was even awake.  He sold my item before the bidding was even over and the owner just pushed him along?!?#!

If they want to run good business, they need to give their buyrs AND sellers good deals.  It seems they dont care what stuff sell for as long as they sell. They are in the quantity game and trying to sell hundreds of items for couple bucks and then take half as there commission..  They also done no advertising with all the other auction folks in paper or any where else I can find.  The whole thing is such shame becuase the area needs auction place but they need to take serious and not just sell, sell, sell with no concern for item, what it is, how old it is, what worth, how to sell, and just call a thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 09:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/His-and-Hers-Auctions/middleburg-Height-Ohio-44130/His-and-Hers-Auctions-Are-They-trying-to-go-outof-busniess-middleburg-Height-Ohio-922275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on His and Hers Auctions

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: Berea, Ohio - (United States of America)

I recently did a web search for His and Hers Auctions to find their upcoming sale.  Sadly, one of the first pages brought up by the
browser was Ripoff Report.  I read the comments and, objectively speaking, I have to say that I did not totally disagree with the postings.  However, I have also been to nearly every sale that His and Hers Auctions have had and, sure, there have been some bumps in the road and the auctioneer has driven me crazy at times but they have come a long way considering they have only been in business for a month!  The auctions have really improved, the items have improved while still offering affordable lots, and the atmosphere has improved as well.  I have truly enjoyed my experiences at His and Hers Auctions and have seen first hand their organization, photography and marketing, and auctioneer improve each week.  I think it is unreasonable for individuals to bring in items to auction after they have tried eBay, flea markets, garage sales, and a whole host of other venues, and then get upset when their stuff does not sell for BIG money.  Auctions have no guarantee and Paul Waller told me that loud and clear when I brought items in for auction the first time.  Some items sold well and others not so well...that's auction.

I am not going to start name calling and throwing a fit because some items did not live up to an expectation that I assigned my pieces...not the market.  The long and short of this posting is simple, His and Hers Auctions have made some mistakes in their first month of business (just like every business that has ever existed!).  But each week they have improved and I have been
comfortable enough to bring in items for auctions.  Paul and Sandy have been nothing but the nicest people you can meet and they have really created a great atmosphere.  I will continue to attend auctions at His and Hers Auctions and, if I can bring myself to part with some more stuff, will be morethan happy to sell with His and Hers Auctions again in the future!

The word is getting around

AUTHOR: Brecksville - (USA)

I too, returned to the His and Hers Auction in Middleburg Heights,  for one last chance. They auctioned off a baby blue rock as Turquoise. It was actually a Quartz. Triple stamped gold. It means nothing, unless you know nothing. Where is the Manufacture symbol idiot. Next he will have a "we buy gold" sign in the window.  Amateurs all the way. They push bulk  for low price and high commission. The auctioneer stopped bidding to announce, he sold the item? Is this guy stoned?

The main arena is set up like a store. Their selling style is so disfuctional. They go from selling fake turquoise to a dresser to a box lot to china then to a knife and then back to furniture. Its nothing I have ever seen.  This Waller guy is such a bad joke. He kept using a line from Barry on Storage Wars.''The 60's -were good to me, man". We all watch the same television shows. Get your own lines. This goes to show he and his auction house is a phony rip off. This site suits them well.