Complaint Review: HobbyTron

• Submitted: Wed, November 30, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, November 30, 2011

• Reported By: dugpetti — BUFFALO New York United States of America
24700 Avenue Rockefeller Santa Clarita, California United States of America

HobbyTron, HobbyTron ,HobbyTron.com sent me a remote control car which i ordered but the problem was that the car was malfunctioning . After contacting the company & speaking with a representative named Stephanie was told Santa Clarita, California

I ordered 2 remote control cars for my son & I from this website called Hobbytron.com. The only reason I decided to use them is I was browsing the web to find a supposed credible web site & was told this was one of them. Boy was I wrong.

I ordered a refurbished Speed King Lamborghini Murcielago 1:7 Electric RTR RC Car & a Lighting Electric RTR RC Buggy, which they sent me. To my surprise when I opened both boxes, both cars were damaged!!

I called the company to find out how we were going to fix the situation only to find out that even if the cars were sent to me damaged that I was responsible for the shipping costs. So now I have to pay to send them back 2 broken remote control cars which had already cost me $71.70.

So disappointed I called them back again to see if they would cover the shipping costs one last time but they again informed me that their policy was the customer was responsible for that. [continued below]....
..... In the mean while they did send me a replacement for my sons car cause they said it was cheaper than sending the car back to them.

Now I'm stuck sending them back the more expensive car that originally cost me $54.60. It ended up costing me over $15 to send it back to them. That was September 6th 2011. I have yet to have any money reimbursed or have a replacement car sent back to me & it's now December 1st.

I have tried multiple times to reach the Stephanie whom I have spoken to only once & she told me that I should have something from them soon. That was a month ago. Every time I try & call them it goes directly to her voice mail & she never returns my calls!! So much for customer service!!

I don't know what to do any more except write this report & i'm going to contact the Better Business Bureau. Hopefully someone will help me. I know it's only $70 but what if they are doing this to more people. This could be a huge scam.!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2011 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HobbyTron/Santa-Clarita-California-91355/HobbyTron-HobbyTron-HobbyTroncom-sent-me-a-remote-control-car-which-i-ordered-but-the-p-803470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HobbyTron