Complaint Review: HobbyTron

• Updated: Fri, August 27, 2010

• Reported By: Barbra Curtiss — Cumming Georgia United States of America
HobbyTron
24700 Avenue Rockefeller Santa Clarita, California United States of America

HobbyTron HobbyTron.com Shipped defective product and would not exhange the prouduct as agreed, gave store credit only Santa Clarita, California

I ordered a 4 ft remote control speed boat for a birthday prresent and paid $50 extra for overnight shipping.  The boat was received and had a remote controller and battery that was not the right size for the boat.  Upon contact with HobbyTron I was told to return the product and they would ship a new product with proper parts.  I had to ship the boat back at a price of $78, received confirmation of delivery and 30 days later no exchange nor a word of communication from HobbyTron.  Since I could not get thru to anyone by phone other than leave a message I sent an email asking when was I going to receive the exchanged product.  I received an email that I was given a store credit that could be used for future purchases.  I was told originally that a repalcement product would be shipped to me at their expense only after I complained about paying $128 of shipping for a $159 product.  This compnay lies to customers, they do not stand behind what they sell and this type of service is unacepptable.  Buyer beware this company is a major ripoff!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2010 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HobbyTron/Santa-Clarita-California-91355/HobbyTron-HobbyTroncom-Shipped-defective-product-and-would-not-exhange-the-prouduct-as-ag-635108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HobbyTron