Complaint Review: HobbyTron

• Updated: Mon, February 14, 2011

• Reported By: Mark — Florida United States of America
HobbyTron
24700 Rockefeller Santa Clarita, California United States of America

HobbyTron HobbyTron.com This is a total ripoff company. Avoid at all costs!! Santa Clarita, California

They DO NOT give refunds. They DO NOT repare items. If your item is defective or brokenin shipping, tough luck -- YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MONEY.

I purchased a remote control truck online from HobbyTron.  I received the item, followed directions, and the truck was totally dead and did not work at all.  This company does not do refunds, so I filled out an RMA online to return the merchandise for repair.

HobbyTron did not allow me to return the defective merchandise but said they would ship me out a new battery and charger.  They never sent me anything.

After disputing the charge on my credit card, filing complaints to the California BBB and California Attorney General's Office they responded to the California BBB by telling me to fill out a RMA via their website (which I already did with no action taken by them).

I filled out another RMA online and received the exact same response as the first one.  They did not allow me to return the defective merchandise and said they would mail me a new battery and charger.  Again -- That never happened.

Avoid this company!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2011 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HobbyTron/Santa-Clarita-California-91355/HobbyTron-HobbyTroncom-This-is-a-total-ripoff-company-Avoid-at-all-costs-Santa-Clarit-695199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HobbyTron