Complaint Review: Hobbytron

• Updated: Mon, June 03, 2013

• Reported By: ksuess — Tulsa Oklahoma
27400 Avenue Rockefeller Santa Clarita, California USA

Hobbytron Helicopter, Remote Control Helicopter Santa Clarita California

I purchased a remote control helicopter for a 4 year old boy I babysit.  It arrived on time, I opened it and the directions said to plug it in to charge for 2 hours.  After 2 hours, I tried to use it and it wouldn't work.  I ended up charging the battery for 24 hours and it still wouldn't work.  I called and had problems getting in touch with someone.  I got in touch with someone via chat on their website and asked for a manager.  A girl named Katie gave me the extension of a manager named Valerie.  I left Valerie multiple messages and never heard back from her.  After numerous times of calling and being on hold, I finally got in touch with a live person on the phone and was told that I had to pay to ship the broken product back.  Also, they would not refund my money - they would only give me a store credit.  However, all the other helicopters they have listed on their website say "Out of Stock".  I asked them what I was supposed to do since they were all out of stock and I was told to keep checking back.  Let's just say it's been a few weeks and the helicopters are still out of stock.

I order a lot of products online and have never experienced such unethical behavior by a company.  Do not order anything from this company...you will be sorry!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hobbytron/Santa-Clarita-California/Hobbytron-Helicopter-Remote-Control-Helicopter-Santa-Clarita-California-1056053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hobbytron