Complaint Review: Hobbytron

• Submitted: Tue, March 05, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: Anne — Downingtown Pennsylvania United States of America
Hobbytron
24700 Avenue Rockefeller, Santa Clarita, CA 91355 Internet United States of America

Hobbytron Send you defective products and then make you pay the return shipping Internet

We ordered a helicopter which was touted by the company as "unbreakable" for my son's birthday. It arrived broken, as the antennae would not screw into the port. I had a terrible time contacting the company, staying on hold for over 45 minutes twice before being disconnected. I finally got someone on "live chat" after waiting another 30 minutes for a customer service agent for this purpose.

She informed me that their policy was that the customer pays for returns. I explained that the item had come to us broken, and that it was unfair for us to pay for the return shipping when it wasn't our fault and we had trusted the company to deliver what they said they would.

She responded that this was policy and cut off the chat session.

I understand that once in a while, something may arrived damage. But asking the customer to pick up the tab for that? Ridiculous and unethical. I will never use this company again for anything and advise all other customers to look elsewhere too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hobbytron/internet/Hobbytron-Send-you-defective-products-and-then-make-you-pay-the-return-shipping-Internet-1023895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hobbytron