I have been trying repeatedly to resolve this issue with Hobbytron and have yet to reach anyone or receive a response to my telephone calls or e-mails. Based upon the number of busy signals I have received, the number of messages I have left with different departments and the e-mails I have sent with no response, I would have to say that I am not the only dissatisfied customer.
I have tried unsucessfully to resolve this issue without having to involve my credit card company in a dispute over charges and without having to take any further course of action. I refuse to be overcharged for this or any other item. I have done a lot of shopping on-line and have never had a problem like this. All I am seeking is a $10.00 credit to which I am entitled.
On November 25, 2006, I placed an online order for item AA-69731 Airbus Cessna. On Nov. 28 I received an e-mail stating the item was on backorder and due to be shipped within 5 to 10 business days and that I would be notified if there were any further delays. On December 10, I received an e-mail from Fed-Ex stating that my order had shipped.
On December 14, I received item XT-8102 RC J3 Cub. The packing slips proudly notes that this is a FREE UPGRADE due to an extended delay. That would be acceptable if it were not for the fact that item XT-8102 RC J3 Cub is not an upgrade, but a clearance item listing for $39.97 while the AA-69731 Airbus Cessna lists for $49.00 which my credit card was billed (along with shipping) as soon as the order was received. I deliberately ordered the higher priced item with the hope that it would hold up a little better, so that my grandson could enjoy the product a little longer.
I have placed numerous calls to their 800 number and have not reached a human voice. I have left at least six voice messages so far with no response. (*All mailboxes are now full.) I have sent e-mails, USPS letters, researched the name and e-mail of the executive officer, called their regular phone number (not toll-free)and had absolutely no repsonse from them.
I have several issues with the way this was handled:
(1) I was not notified that the item was unavailable.
(2) The item I ordered was substituted with a lower priced item.
(3) I feel Hobbytron was being quite deceptive in stating that this was an upgrade.
(4) I was not given the option of cancelling the order.
(5) I have been billed for the higher priced item and to date; no credit has been issued for the dollar difference.
(6) I have been unable to reach their customer service department, the accounting department or the credit department via telephone or e-mail, despite my persistence.