- Report: #226459
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Hobbytron.com
Hobbytron.com1053 South 1675 West Orem, Utah U.S.A.
Hobbytron.com substituted ordered item with a cheaper clearence item and called it a FEEE UPGRADE. Ripoff Orem Utah
*Consumer Comment: My sympathies for you and your grandson
*Author of original report: The Nightmare continues
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I have tried unsucessfully to resolve this issue without having to involve my credit card company in a dispute over charges and without having to take any further course of action. I refuse to be overcharged for this or any other item. I have done a lot of shopping on-line and have never had a problem like this. All I am seeking is a $10.00 credit to which I am entitled.
On November 25, 2006, I placed an online order for item AA-69731 Airbus Cessna. On Nov. 28 I received an e-mail stating the item was on backorder and due to be shipped within 5 to 10 business days and that I would be notified if there were any further delays. On December 10, I received an e-mail from Fed-Ex stating that my order had shipped.
On December 14, I received item XT-8102 RC J3 Cub. The packing slips proudly notes that this is a FREE UPGRADE due to an extended delay. That would be acceptable if it were not for the fact that item XT-8102 RC J3 Cub is not an upgrade, but a clearance item listing for $39.97 while the AA-69731 Airbus Cessna lists for $49.00 which my credit card was billed (along with shipping) as soon as the order was received. I deliberately ordered the higher priced item with the hope that it would hold up a little better, so that my grandson could enjoy the product a little longer.
I have placed numerous calls to their 800 number and have not reached a human voice. I have left at least six voice messages so far with no response. (*All mailboxes are now full.) I have sent e-mails, USPS letters, researched the name and e-mail of the executive officer, called their regular phone number (not toll-free)and had absolutely no repsonse from them.
I have several issues with the way this was handled:
(1) I was not notified that the item was unavailable.
(2) The item I ordered was substituted with a lower priced item.
(3) I feel Hobbytron was being quite deceptive in stating that this was an upgrade.
(4) I was not given the option of cancelling the order.
(5) I have been billed for the higher priced item and to date; no credit has been issued for the dollar difference.
(6) I have been unable to reach their customer service department, the accounting department or the credit department via telephone or e-mail, despite my persistence.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2006 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hobbytroncom/Orem-Utah-84058/Hobbytroncom-substituted-ordered-item-with-a-cheaper-clearence-item-and-called-it-a-FEEE-226459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.