Complaint Review: Hole in the Wall Hosting

• Submitted: Mon, July 16, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: vadoff — LA California United States of America
Hole in the Wall Hosting

Hole in the Wall Hosting Holeinthewallhosting I've been charged with a hidden autorenew with no email notification prior or after I was charged Internet

*Author of original report: Sorry, but the owner of holeinthewall is a scammer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to incorrect information

I paid for 1 year, yet I was charged without any email notification
whatsoever prior to an autorenew, and without any email notification
afterwards that I was charged. I would never have even caught it unless I
happened to be reviewing my bank statements that day. After contacting
the owner, she told me off, and said that I should have known what I was

signing up for and refused to refund me. How unbelievably shady! Pass
on this hosting, or you'll surely regret it like I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2012 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hole-in-the-Wall-Hosting/internet/Hole-in-the-Wall-Hosting-Holeinthewallhosting-Ive-been-charged-with-a-hidden-autorenew-w-912950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hole in the Wall Hosting

Sorry, but the owner of holeinthewall is a scammer

AUTHOR: vadoff - (United States of America)

1. There was absolutely no email sent regarding paypal's 1-year subscription renewal prior to charge.
2. I caught the charge mere days afterwards, and you refused to refund.
3. Your customer is seriously awful, and I guess you prioritize greed over user satisfaction.
4. The way that I had literally 0 email warning at any time before, during, or even after I was charged is despicable, and I bet your site mainly profits off charging users behind their back.
5. You're a crook, and anyone who's a crook cannot be trusted to do business with.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to incorrect information

AUTHOR: holeinthewallhosting - (Canada)

1. When signing up for an account through our website the terms are clearly stated as a subscription for yearly renewal. This subscription can be canceled at anytime through the user's PayPal account. This info is also found in our FAQ (http://holeinthewallhosting.com/faq.php) and in our terms and conditions.

2. User's are automatically sent email notifications by PayPal when this subscription renews.

3. All we ask is that a customer notify us at least 30 days before their yearly renewal if they would like to cancel their account. This is also mentioned on our FAQ page and under our terms and conditions.

4. Written references for our company can be found on our website (http://holeinthewallhosting.com/testimonials.php), as well as on many other websites where our company has been recommended by users.

5. As the owner who is mentioned in this report, I can testify to the fact that my correspondence with the user who made the report was always polite and can provide evidence in the form of my last two emails to the user. I hereby refute the user's statement that "she told me off." Please feel free to email me at my personal email address (karina@holeinthewallhosting.com) if you would like any further information about this report or about Hole in the Wall Hosting.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hole in the Wall Hosting <karina@holeinthewallhosting.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Subject: Re: ~~~~~~~ NEW SUPPORT REQUEST FOR: bigwebsiteideas.com
To: Randolph ***

Hi Randolph, I hope that your week has been going well. I'm afraid that we do require notice of cancellation at least 30 days before your renewal date. Unfortunately, without letting us know that you'd like to cancel your service, I cannot refund you for your yearly payment. I've cancelled your PayPal subscription for you now so you will not be charged any further by us. Please let me know if you'd like to use a new domain with the account or make any other changes to it and I'd be happy to do whatever I can to help you.

~Karina

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hole in the Wall Hosting <karina@holeinthewallhosting.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: ~~~~~~~ NEW SUPPORT REQUEST FOR: bigwebsiteideas.com
To: Randolph ***

Hi Randolph, I'm very sorry but I'm afraid that we do require notice to cancel your account. When you signed up for a yearly subscription it does let you know that the terms are yearly renewal, I'm sorry for any confusion in that respect but unfortunately I cannot give you a refund when you did not let us know that you wanted to cancel your account.

If there's anything else at all that I can do to help I'd be happy to, please feel free to email me about it.

~Karina