Complaint Review: Holiday Inn Express

• Updated: Sat, September 07, 2013

• Reported By: ToBHonest — Canal Winchester Ohio
Holiday Inn Express
460 Waterrbury Court 460 Waterbuty Court, Ohio USA

Holiday Inn Express (David, Mgr & Stephanie, Front Desk Clerk) $300.00 for a one night stay 460 Waterbuty Court Ohio

On Sept. 5, 2overact checked into a Holiday Inn Express in Gahanna for emergency purposes, when I checked in I provdied a cc to them for authorization, however I asked the clerk if I could use another source of payment when I checked oout the next morning, and she assured me that it would be ok to do. The next morning I checked out askew informed the desk clerk, a different person that I want to pay with another cc, I then gave thin my cc , however he was not aware of how to do it, so he asked another gentlemen that was working. The second gentlemen swoped my card and told me that it declined, I told him that the funds were there and he then tried again and said it declined. I asked if it was ok to pay with cash and he told me there was a bank across the street. I immediately went to withdraw cash and retuned back and settled my payment with cash. This took place at approximately 6:15 am. [continued below]....

.....

Later that afternoon, I checked my bank account balance and to my surprise  there was a pending debit transaction from the Holiday Inn Express in the amount of $150.93! I immediately contacted the hotel to tell them about it and I was told I had to contact my bank, to make a long story short- from 2:00 pm (9-6-13) to 9:30 am (9-7-13) my bank and I are still trying to have the hotel relapse the funds to me! When my bank manager told the clerk(stephanie) that they were going to file a fraud claim, the clerk stated " go on and do that because we do not need your money". So with that said, I am very upset with this hotel and I will never stay ther again! Due to the fact that they think its ok to charge a guest $300.00 for a nistay stay! If that's not a ripoff, then I don't know what is!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2013 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Inn-Express/460-Waterbuty-Court-Ohio-43230/Holiday-Inn-Express-David-Mgr-Stephanie-Front-Desk-Clerk-30000-for-a-one-night-st-1082510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Inn Express