Complaint Review: Holiday Inn Oakland Airport

• Updated: Tue, July 23, 2013

• Reported By: todd — costa mesa California
Holiday Inn Oakland Airport
77 Hegenberger Rd. I Oakland, California USA

Holiday Inn Oakland Airport The worst Hotel Experience in our lives Oakland California

David,

I acknowledged the fact in my complaint that the staff offered us an upgraded room and I have not reviewed the bill to see what we were charged for the room. If you charged the same as the booking through Expedia or some other rate is not a relevant point in this complaint. I was not concerned with the cost of the room and appreciated their help with sorting out the fact that the date of the reservation was booked incorrectly. If we paid $200.00 or $100.00 for the room is not the point.

There was no one managing the noise issue and your front desk employee acknowledged that when I confronted him and he even stated that he disliked the banquets for the issue with noise. My wife and I are live witnesses that from around 9:00 p.m until almost 12:00 am the volume from the Birthday party stayed the same(4 calls to front desk and one visit). We could here every lyric from every song and every time the Dj got on the microphone to speak it got louder as if he were in our room. We went though that for three hours. As you stated you know that the rooms have not been sound proofed but you have no policy in place for complaints with your staff? The policy that we witnessed was the run around, misdirection by stating the noise would end at 11:00 which it clearly didn't and my favorite offering us ear plugs.

To read your email and feedback that there was someone from your staff in management at the banquet that could not react to our persistent complaints,  or at least hearing about a room above the party complaining to lower the music but didn't infuriates me. It displays even more apathy and creates a clear understanding that at your Hotel and all possible Holidays Inns treat there guests as if their a captivated audience.

I believe there is a legal principle that as hotel guest I'm offered limited privacy in exchange for payment in full in advance. The noise from that party clearly violated not only that right but our feeling of being valued and safe.

So I will pursue this matter based on principle so that others who review your hotel online are warned about our experience. I will make sure I include your rebuttal which sounds more like the hotel being defensive rather than empathetic to a horrible situation that any future guests can relate to especially pilots and airlines who need there rest as my wife and i did.

Sincerely,

Todd

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 10:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Inn-Oakland-Airport/Oakland-California/Holiday-Inn-Oakland-Airport-The-worst-Hotel-Experience-in-our-lives-Oakland-California-1069563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Inn Oakland Airport