Complaint Review: Holiday Travel Of America HTOA

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 18, 2008

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Holiday Travel Of America HTOA
6405 El Camino Real Carlsbad, California U.S.A.

Holiday Travel Of America HTOA ITS A SCAM - DONT SEND THEM THE INITIAL TAXES!!!! Carlsbad California

I attended a Shell Vacations Presentation in Pasadena, CA on June 12, 2008. I opted for the free trip to Hawaii for 2 night and three days along with a two night accommodations to one of several destinations. After refusing to buy anything I received my certificates for HTOA. I promptly sent them in and today received a letter back from HTOA telling me that my certificates were not valid because they were missing the date stamp from Shell. My certificate WAS stamped by SVC-West, LLC (albeit not in the exact area designated for the stamp). It says I have 21 days to mail this letter back and they require that I drive to Shell to get the stamp AND have it initialed. Yeah right. I got online, found this site and started reading. I had a feeling this was all too good to be true. I am so glad I read everyone's postings before sending in the required deposits on the Hawaii trip. It sounds like they never confirm your trip dates and keep your money and hope that you will give up! I will not send them a dime more (I did send them a $25 deposit on a two night trip to Sedona). It will cost me $15 to place a stop payment on the check which isn't worth it. So they got me for $25 basically. What a scam this is. Thanks everyone for sharing so I was not more of a victim.

RippedoffbyHTOA
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2008 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Travel-Of-America-HTOA/Carlsbad-California/Holiday-Travel-Of-America-HTOA-ITS-A-SCAM-DONT-SEND-THEM-THE-INITIAL-TAXES-Carlsbad-341841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Travel Of America HTOA