Complaint Review: Holiday Travel Of America

• Submitted: Mon, March 30, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 30, 2009

• Reported By:los angeles California
Holiday Travel Of America
6405 El Camino Real Carlsbad, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 760-4318600
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Holiday Travel Of America bogus prize -hololulu, hawaii trip Carlsbad California

I attended a timeshare presentation and received what I thought was a gift for two, two nights in an economy hotel room and two round trip airline tickets to Hololulu, Hawaii.

Once I decided to process my gift, I was told that I had to pay a 100.00 fee within 21 days of receipt of the gift. I explained to the customer service person that I was hospitalized for 30 days after this presentation making it impossible for me to send in a deposit during that time and that I could provide documentation proving the hospitalization. I was met with a curt answer of too bad and sorry there is nothing that could be done. After discussing this with the representative for over 30 minutes and not being able to convince her of my situation, she suggested that I could attend another timeshare presentation wherever or whenever I could find one. There was absolutely no concern in regards to my situation. Further I was asked if I had purchased a timeshare and I said no and immediately the phone was hung up.

So what am I to do? I wasted my time listening to this timeshare and got nothing for it. I have read of other instances similar to mine. This place is a rip off and should not be allowed to continue doing business like this.

I demand that my time be reimbursed.

los angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Travel-Of-America/Carlsbad-California-92009-2802/Holiday-Travel-Of-America-bogus-prize-hololulu-hawaii-trip-Carlsbad-California-439184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Travel Of America