Complaint Review: Holiday Travel Of America

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 04, 2008

• Reported By:San Jose California
Holiday Travel Of America
6405 El Camino Real Carlsbad, California U.S.A.

Holiday Travel Of America Company was not able to confirm request for discounted travel to Hawaii Carlsbad California

In October 2007, my wife and I attended a presentation of the Global Exchange Vacation Club because the gift offered was discounted airfare and accommodations in Hawaii from Holiday Travel of America. We declined the offer to join the Club and tried to collect on our Hawaii vacation.

Be aware that Holiday Travel of America will ask you to pay $100.00 and choose two possible travel dates. You have to leave on a Tuesday and return 2 days later. The quoted additional cost to fly back later than Thursday from San Francisco was $750 for the two of us! They will not confirm a date until about 45 days before your requested date. We requested a date in February and March and neither was available. I was told to select two more dates and try again. I decided it was unlikely that there would be any availability so I requested my $100 deposit back. They promptly sent me a check.

Bob
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2008 09:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Travel-Of-America/Carlsbad-California-92009/Holiday-Travel-Of-America-Company-was-not-able-to-confirm-request-for-discounted-travel-to-306198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Travel Of America