Complaint Review: Holiday Travel Of America

• Submitted: Thu, July 14, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, July 14, 2005

• Reported By:redlands California
Holiday Travel Of America
6405 El Camino Real Carlsbad, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 760-431-8600
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

Holiday Travel Of America Free Cruise Based on Availability will NEVER be AVAILABLE! Ripoff Carlsbad California

I had received a travel voucher in January 2005 for attending a travel sales presentation. The voucher is issued by Holiday Travel of America.

At the presentation I didn't purchase the advertise product. But I filled out the travel request voucher including the two dates of travel along with a check for $ $246 for taxes and mailed them in. It says that a representative will call within 60 days of the travel dates, it also say the voucher will expire one year from when it was issued. The first two dates i had chosen were getting closed so i contacted HTOA. Those cabins were sold out but I could upgrade for $200 more. I contacted Carnival and there was plenty of cabin available even as cheap as $180 each...

HTOA advised i would have to pick 2 more dates. June, July August are high season so not available.
I picked SEPTEMBER and OCTOBER. They advised to call in July to make sure of availability.

On July 14th they told me SEPTEMBER is alread sold out!!!
Now October is my last chance but if it's sold out there's nothing they can do, it's based on availability!!!!

I'm sure if I bought the product in first place my cruise would have been available in May.

This is a scam but I promise I will do everything to let this company know that this is a country where business like theirs are in big trouble.

I will contact all the Travel and Consumer organizations, Websites on the Internet and by phone and see what we can do.

my concern is that since they did not call me on the first three dates like it says they will probably not call on the last three dates and my year will be up in sept. I have since spoken to some other people who have tried to redeem the same type vouchers and they advised that the company never followed through with thier travel requests.

Francesco
redlands, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2005 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Travel-Of-America/Carlsbad-California-92009/Holiday-Travel-Of-America-Free-Cruise-Based-on-Availability-will-NEVER-be-AVAILABLE-Ripof-149771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Travel Of America