Complaint Review: Holiday Travel Of America

• Submitted: Wed, January 24, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, March 06, 2007

• Reported By:Mission Viejo California
Holiday Travel Of America
6405 EL Camino Real Carlsbad, California U.S.A.

Holiday Travel Of America I received one of those worthless Travel Vouchers from HTOA ,I requested my travel dates in Feb.2006 and I was told my dates was not open to take,now its Jan.2007 and dates still not open. Ripoff Carlsbad California

*Author of original report: Reply to Felix

*UPDATE Employee: Holiday Travel Of America

*Author of original report: Holiday Travel of America is giving me the Run Around

I received my voucher when I attending a timeshare presentation for 2hours.I was told that I could use this voucher at anytime I wanted to.

As long as I request my dates 60 days in advance and the dates cannot be around any holidays, and I must travel Tues.-Thurs.

And I must pay a deposit of $100.00 for all hotel fees and that will be return to me once I return home.

On top of $75.00 fee that they requested on top of the $100.00 fee.last I requested dates in Feb and they said I cannot get the dates I want but I can get my dates if I add 3 more days to my trip.

my trip was for 2 days and free now it is 5 days and $1,300 if I want those dates I requested.so I told the agent Nuvia that I only wanted my two trip to Hawalli and she saidthe dates was not open for travel.

I had purchase two tickets to the pro bowl in Hawalli and was unable to use them.

Kevin
Mission Viejo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2007 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Travel-Of-America/Carlsbad-California-92009/Holiday-Travel-Of-America-I-received-one-of-those-worthless-Travel-Vouchers-from-HTOA-I-r-232486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Travel Of America

Reply to Felix

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

I have the travel companies name HTOA uses and they have stated to me the dates were available doing that time (1) is Blue sky and the other is Perfect Travel and I have the phone numbers and the agent I spoke with.and my dates was confirm if HTOA would approve it.also American Airlines confirm that I could travel doing that time.
I was told the they buy bulk tickets and they save money this way thats why you can not get the dates you want.

Holiday Travel Of America

AUTHOR: Felix - (U.S.A.)

We have been working with Kevin and will be getting his Hawaii trip all worked out.

It was unfortunate because of the Pro Bowl going on in Hawaii during that time frame all availability to us was unavailable.

Any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call

Holiday Travel of America is giving me the Run Around

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

I received a two nights stay in Hawalli that includes round trip Air and Hotel all for free.

I repeat all for free,so I called the phone number that they give to you that's on your certificate and requested my 2 dates 60 days apart and in midweek which is the only time you can travel without paying upgrade charge.

I called Felix who is One of the Managers there and Felix told Nuvia the agent that was working on my travel dates to give me the dates I needed and she wanted to sale me upgrades for 7 days.

I did some research and found out that HTOA uses Blue Sky Tours and I spoke to a very nice lady and she said that,she can give me the dates I wanted ,because I have already paid for my trip and insurance. she stated she needs Nuvia Preciado to call her and she will do it. that never happen,so I am still waiting from Feb 2006 to Jan.2007 I spoke to Hien Ly to help and with him the same program all over again.