Complaint Review: Holiday Travel Of America

• Submitted: Fri, May 02, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, May 08, 2008

• Reported By:Manteca California
Holiday Travel Of America
6405 El Camino Real Carlsbad, California U.S.A.

Holiday Travel Of America Trying to get tax deposit back Carlsbad California

*Author of original report: Holiday Travel Of America - Carlsbad, California Update

*Consumer Suggestion: I got conformation to my trip to Hawaii

We sent in our deposit of $100 as required by HTOA to start the process of receiving our free vacation.

After finding out what they were going to charge for an upgrade to our vacation, we decided to stick with the original (free vacation) offer.

We were told that we would now have to call another phone number and that they are very booked up and probably would not get our original date that we requested.

As things turned out, we decided this was not really such a great deal, so we never took the vacation.

I contacted HTOA by e-mail a couple of months ago, to see if we could get our deposit back. They never responded.

I have just sent another e-mail to see if we can get our $100 deposit back since we never went on the vacation. Our ref # is: AHH3 141615

I heard on the t.v. that I am not the only one with this problem and thought I would contact you to see if there is something more we can do or if there is something that Rip-Off Report might help us with.

Thank you for all your help in advance and look forward to hearing from you,

The ritz
Manteca, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2008 11:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Travel-Of-America/Carlsbad-California-92009/Holiday-Travel-Of-America-Trying-to-get-tax-deposit-back-Carlsbad-California-330258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Travel Of America

Holiday Travel Of America - Carlsbad, California Update

AUTHOR: The ritz - (U.S.A.)

I just received a call today from Holiday Travel saying they are sending back our $100 deposit check.

Looks like they took care of business.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I got conformation to my trip to Hawaii

AUTHOR: Joel - (U.S.A.)

Holiday Travel of America is a PROMOTIONAL Travel company, used by auto dealers
and timeshare Companies to lure customers. They book by last minute availablity. You have to be persistant with them and follow up till your booked. They just booked my trip to Hawaii (3 days 2 nights). You don't have to accept their upgrades. You can change your travel dates (get more days) DIRECTLY with the Airline after your ticketed ususally $75 or less. So Aloha...