Complaint Review: Hollywood Block

• Updated: Fri, February 10, 2012

• Reported By: Bobbio — Santa Monica California United States of America
Hollywood Block
Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Hollywood Block HOLLYWOOD BLOCK ,gateway@linkpt.net, Ordered a DVD and got a bare-bones reply, but no link, no website info, no DVD Chicago, Illinois

*Author of original report: Problem resolved. Got a refund.

*Author of original report: Great Store? Do you actually have any facts?

*Consumer Suggestion: GREAT STORE

I ordered a DVD more than a week ago and got suspicious when I got an email reply from my order that just said I'd been charged $19.90 by Hollywood Block. This wasn't the name of the company when I ordered the DVD online. Now I haven't heard anything more and no DVD has arrived. Anyone have more information on this company and if it's a ripoff?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2012 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hollywood-Block/Chicago-Illinois-/Hollywood-Block-HOLLYWOOD-BLOCK-gatewaylinkptnet-Ordered-a-DVD-and-got-a-bare-bones-re-828482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hollywood Block

Problem resolved. Got a refund.

AUTHOR: Bobbio - (United States of America)

I finally was able to get some action by going to the videotheater@live.com email address. At first they said to wait 10 days for orders to arrive, but I reminded them it had actually been 24 days. They responded quickly that they would refund my money. And a few days later, the refund did show up on my credit card statement.

The company name was different. It was called Video Theater. Odd, though, that their website showed they had mailed the DVD to me via First Class Mail the day I ordered it, Jan. 18, and it never arrived. There was no tracking number, so I can't verify if there ever did actually mail anything. And they still have the DVD I wanted listed for sale on their website, yet they didn't offer to send me the DVD.

I would still not buy from them again. That original email link didn't work and no one returned a call to the phone number they give the credit card company. Also, I couldn't find Hollywood Block or Video Theater on a web search. Without contact information or shipping and tracking information, it's too risky to assume they're following through.

It took me three weeks to get this resolved, but at least I didn't lose my money after all.

Great Store? Do you actually have any facts?

AUTHOR: Bobbio - (United States of America)

I'm not sure who "sal" is who responded that this is a great store, but, Sal, if you have any actual information about how to contact this company and find out what happened to the DVD I ordered three weeks ago, I'd be glad to get it. The email I sent came back undeliverable and the phone message I left has never been returned.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

GREAT STORE

AUTHOR: CusService - (USA)

Hello,

I have been a customer of theirs for years. They always go out of their way to make sure I am happy. Simply contact them for a full refund. Email is the best way.

Hope this helps, again, great company.

Sal