Complaint Review: Hollywood Film and Acting Academy

• Updated: Wed, February 24, 2010

• Reported By: cmurrey — Hollywood California United States of America
Hollywood Film and Acting Academy
1786 N. Highland Avenue Hollywood, California United States of America

Hollywood Film and Acting Academy Consumer Abuse and False Advertisement Hollywood, California

The Hollywood Film and Acting Academy promises prospective students that they will be in a Featured Film and received imdb.com credits. A feature film was never shot and none of the students received imdb.com credits. As well, the previous class failed to shoot the Feature Film project and failed to received their promised imdb.com credit.
When I asked the director Josh Sands about the Feature Film, he told me that it was the students fault and that if we didn't like it we could leave the school. The director then attempted to shoot a short comedy film for the students which he again failed to produce. The housing he offers had a broken window in common area the whole time I resided their which was dangerous and allowed alot of cold air into the house. The tempature in the evening was at 54 degrees, when I asked the Director/landlord if he could turn the heat up, he turned it up to 58 degrees and said that the power company told him the recommended tempature should be set to 58 degrees. When I asked him why the water for showers and washing dishers is not hot and if he would fix it, Josh told me that I had to deal with it and if I didn't like it, I could leave. There was a contract signed and I do have a copy of it as well as documentation of the school's promises on the website.
The resolution i'm seeking is just my $500.00 deposit back that I never received.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2010 11:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hollywood-Film-and-Acting-Academy/Hollywood-California-90028/Hollywood-Film-and-Acting-Academy-Consumer-Abuse-and-False-Advertisement-Hollywood-Calif-574644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hollywood Film and Acting Academy