Complaint Review: Hollywood Kia - Hollywood, Fl.

• Submitted: Sun, April 15, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, April 15, 2012

• Reported By: Larry — Pembroke Pines Florida United States of America
Hollywood Kia - Hollywood, Fl.
1640 S. State Road 7 Hollywood, Florida United States of America

Hollywood Kia - Hollywood, Florida. Jumbo Auto and Truck Plaza Hollywood Kia will rip you off if you are not careful Hollywood, Florida

*Consumer Comment: This is a common dealership tactic

Here's the bottom line.  I chose a new car and waited to meet with finance. What they did to me was begin with "what do you want your payment to be". They never mentioned the price I expected to pay.

The sticker was $18250.00, but they kept mentioning what I wanted my payment to be. We went back and forth for 20 minutes. When we came to an agreement, they printed out all that paperwork; and I am partly to blame. I assumed the payment was based on the sticker price. My mistake.

3 months later, I'm doing my taxes; I look at that Retail Installment Sale Contract and they charged me $ 21052.40. I went back to the dealership finance guy and asked what happened. He said that's what I agreed to. I asked why I would to pay more than $2000.00 over sticker and he said he didn't know.

I know; it was because I missed it, while they kept me focused on the payment. I didn't receive anything more for the $2000.00.

So, my fault for not questioning every dollar amount on that very long document and a lesson learned about the finance people at this dealership. Very nice but dishonest. I wouldn't recommend doing business with these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2012 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hollywood-Kia-Hollywood-Fl/Hollywood-Florida-33023/Hollywood-Kia-Hollywood-Florida-Jumbo-Auto-and-Truck-Plaza-Hollywood-Kia-will-rip-you-868961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hollywood Kia - Hollywood, Fl.

This is a common dealership tactic

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (USA)

It is not only Hollywood Kia that uses this particular sales tactic; most dealerships try to distract you from the actual sales price by having you focus on payments rather than price. That is why it is up to you to control your own purchase. You can only do that by bringing the topic back to the total cost of the vehicle each time the sales rep brings up monthly cost.

There are two things you can do financially to make it an easier process for you the next time you buy a vehicle. One, get financing from your credit union or bank before you ever go vehicle shopping; and, two, read the contract before you sign it.  Don't ever believe a car salesman or F&I guy. If you have your own financing you will control your monthly cost. However,  F&I guys get extra commission to add costly items to your purchase and sale agreement. They can only add costs if you don't pay attention to the written contract.  You control the bottom line. Have your figures ready in advance before you ever go shopping and you will never walk out with a price that is higher than "what you were told by the salesman."  Protect yourself: read your contract before you sign.