Complaint Review: Hollywood Profiles - Hollywoodprofiles.com - Pinnacle Systems

• Submitted: Fri, April 25, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, April 25, 2008

• Reported By:Cary North Carolina
Hollywood Profiles - Hollywoodprofiles.com - Pinnacle Systems
4180 Via Real Carpenteria, California U.S.A.

Hollywood Profiles - Hollywoodprofiles.com - Pinnacle Systems Stole Money From Our Checking Account After Being Told No! Carpenteria California

Hollywood Profiles, aka Pinnacle Systems, sent me an e-mail soliciting for talent locating services. I was simply curious about it so I ordeed their sample information. Their initial fee for the information was $1.95.

I received nothing from them. A couple weeks later one of their representatives called me and attempted to up-sell me for their services and I emphatically said NO. I told them I did not want any serivices from them. I explained that I was just curious and to not contact me again. I dropped the matter and forgot about it. Losing $1.95 was not worth fighting about.

A week later I saw $49.95 deducted from my checking account! Clearly this was outright theft, since they had been told NO. I had charged the inital purchase on my debit card so they simply charged it again for the $49.95.

I have called my bank (Bank of America) and filed a complaint so that the charges will be reversed. If you are a victim of this fraudulent company, I would suggest that you imediately do the same if your account is charged.

It's the only way to get your money back. Calling Hollywood Profiles is useless. They either transfer you to a voicemail box or, if you're lucky enough to speak to a real manager, are told that the charge is valid and they hang up on you.

They are not what they imply. They are thieves who provide nothing and have figured out how to use the banking system and the internet to steal from people via e-mail.

James H
Cary, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2008 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hollywood-Profiles-Hollywoodprofilescom-Pinnacle-Systems/Carpenteria-California/Hollywood-Profiles-Hollywoodprofilescom-Pinnacle-Systems-Stole-Money-From-Our-Checkin-328903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hollywood Profiles - Hollywoodprofiles.com - Pinnacle Systems