Complaint Review: Hollywood Profiles - Hollywoodprofiles.com - Talent Svc

• Submitted: Fri, June 13, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 02, 2008

• Reported By:Danville Pennsylvania
Hollywood Profiles - Hollywoodprofiles.com - Talent Svc
4180 Via Real Carpenteria, California U.S.A.

Hollywoodprofiles.com - Hollywood Profiles - Talent Svc This company tried to rip me off.What they did was and is Illegal. Carpenteria California

*Consumer Comment: Read the terms of your agreement before you sign up

*Consumer Suggestion: The Solution!

I received an email titled "Casting Calls" calling for people to be stand ins in movies. It stated that for $1.95 I would receive a 14 day trial. However, what they didn't mention, is that less than 7 days later, they would charge you $49.95 without even letting you know. I just realized what had happened- they charged me 4 times and i didn't even realize it.

Tyler
Danville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2008 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hollywood-Profiles-Hollywoodprofilescom-Talent-Svc/Carpenteria-California/Hollywoodprofilescom-Hollywood-Profiles-Talent-Svc-This-company-tried-to-rip-me-offW-340072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hollywood Profiles - Hollywoodprofiles.com - Talent Svc

Read the terms of your agreement before you sign up

AUTHOR: Dani - (U.S.A.)

It states:
"Renewal of Membership. Unless you notify us that You wish to terminate this Agreement within 14 days of your original signup date and cancel your Membership by following the instructions in Paragraph 10, your Membership will be renewed automatically and You will be charged the then-current Membership Fee, which will appear on your billing statement depending upon how You enrolled. This is known as a Continuity Plan. We reserve the right to increase or decrease the Membership Fee for each renewal Membership Term (or each twelve-month period for memberships under the monthly billing plan), effective upon renewal of your Membership.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

The Solution!

AUTHOR: The Repo-man - (U.S.A.)

Hi there. The same exact thing happened to me. I was furious when the bank told me there was nothing they could do since I had given Hollywood Profiles my debit card info when I purchased the "$1.95" trial. I was determind to get my money back from this conning company and/or completley trash their reputation. Their custumer servuce line is just a recording, you could wait till the year 2525 and still no one would pick up. I was given the "custumer service" number when I called the only bit of contact info listed on their site. This one begins with a recording but someone actually picks up within 5 minutes.

I determined that the website was the only resource I had to work with. My though was to trace their IP address to see who their internet service provider (ISP) was. I got the IP address by copy/pasting the url into some website I found. Well I found out that "Crstaltech" of Phoenix Arizona was their ISP after I traced the origin of the IP address I got from the web page. I then composed a very professional and curt email addressed to "customerservice@crystaltech.com" urging them to investigate the "suspicious business practices" of Hollywood Profiles in order to maintain Crystaltech's integrity. After doing so I went to my bank, canceled my card and got a new on in the mail.

I then called the contact number on the the Hollywood Pro site. I told the guy on the phone what the situation was, he told me that unfortunatley he was not going to be able to refund me. I told him that not specifying cost of additional charges in the disclaimer was against the law and that I had contacted their ISP Crystal tech, filed a complaint with the Better Business Buro, and contacted the office of the Attorney general of California (the BBB report and the contacting of the attorney general were just scare tactics). The guy said something about it being said in the disclaimer and said he was not authorized to give refund. I told him then to connect me with someone who was. He told me he would put me through to his supervisor Amber.

Well when Amber got on the line I recounted my story and to her, but she told me the same bit about the charge being cited in the part where you enter you credit card info. I told that was BS and unacceptable and again made my ISP, BBB, and attorney general threat. Then I asked her if she was familiar with rip-off reports.com, she said no so I urged her to check it out and see the bad rap her company was getting. I was so angry at this point I just said bye and hung up. 3 hours later I was riding in the car with my friend when I got a call from an unknown number. The guy said he was from Hollywood Pro and he wanted to "rectify my situation" by giving me a refund. He took my name and I told him that they needed to put the charge CLEARLY in the disclaimer since they claimed it was all ready.

Well within 48 hours the $49.9 was credited back to my account. I urge everyone who got ripped off like I did my the Joke of a company to do what I did and raise hell/make a lot of phone calls. We need to stand up for ourselves and not let pathetic loop-hole finding conn artist companys to get the better of us and steal our hard-earned money. email if you have any questions. Good luck and God speed.